the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snow camo 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2020 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Made some success with wiring being an issue. No more red blinking light. Firm ware set to my needs has been accomplished. No light when remote start and still no remote start. The yellow start wire from the cm900as is not connected. Should i wire a relay to the starter?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2020 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
OK, CM900-s with Blade AL flashed with GM7 firmware. 2014 Silverado without OnStar and without Factory Alarm system.
You are following the Type 8 Install diagram.
The truck does not need or use the CM900-s thick (+) Yellow Starter Output wire.
Did you try a Factory Reset on the Blade AL cartridge when inserting it?
Did the Blade AL to vehicle programming exactly follow the 16 Step process?
Are you in Engine Sensing = Tach and did you do a Tach Learn?
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2020 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Ok i flashed it without the onstar and factory alarm. I tried to upload pics of the changes made to the flash. Some reason they wont upload and they are sized correctly.
Since the wiring was corrected i get no light in programing mode.( Means no programing needed per install guide).
Thank God...
No light with key off( system idle and waiting command)
No light during remote start( faulty ground when running( this is of concern as I only see one ground to connect.
I did not factory reset the blade as the fault codes did not indicate the need.
For the tach i figured id keep it simple and go off voltage instead.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2020 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm? - Page 7 -- posted image.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2020 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm? - Page 7 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2020 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, you need only one Chassis Ground wire connection. While the Type 8 diagram does not show this connection, the Black wire at CN1-8 must go to a solid frame ground point.
Personally, being as your truck has "one-touch-start", I would go with Option 4 for 2-10 Engine sensing. Let the truck do the work.
I'm probably not understanding your info, but... After you insert the Blade AL into the R/S and flash the correct firmware and make all the required wire connections between the Blade AL harness, R/S harnesses and vehicle, you must perform the 16 Step programming process. The programming has to be done at least once. It should follow / respond exactly as per the guide steps. Just making the wire connections and seeing the Blade AL LED OFF does not mean it's programmed. You must do the 16 Steps.
It's not going to hurt anything to do the Factory Reset and the 16 Step programming again. It must be done for the Blade to gather all the info it needs to do it's job. It definitly does not know the correct transponder code for you truck after the firmware flash, it learns that during vehicle programming.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2020 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
I don't remember there being an option #4 but will check when i get back home this evening. Ill factory reset and attempt the 16 step program as well.
kreg357 
Posted: June 15, 2020 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Another thought.
As mentioned previously, the GM7 Type 8 Install Diagram is slightly generic. It doesn't know if you are using a CM5x00, CM6x00, CM7x00 or whatever brand/model of R/S system so it does not show all the necessary wiring.   We mentioned the Chassis Ground connection already but for module power, CN1-1 and CN1-3 must be connected to +12V constant. Your system has a siren so CN3-17 must be connected to the siren. The Blade AL will supply the trucks Hood Status if the truck came with the Factory Alarm system and has the factory Hood Pin, If not, you must run CN3-8 to the kit supplied and installed hood pin.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2020 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Since im not home i looked up a wiring diagram for the cm900as. I can verify the wiring is correct as you've stated. The truck does not have the factory alarm so the aftermarket hood trigger is installed and wired to the alarm brain. Any other thoughts?
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2020 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
I should be able to get this rolling this evening. Works been hectic past few days.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic