the12volt.com spacer
icon

US Spec. 2019 Nissan Sentra Radio Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 14, 2020 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Above the window you are typing in there is an arrow pointing up with a tree behind it. That is the upload an image button. Use it if the image is on your phone or computer. To the left of that is just a picture of a tree. Click that if the image is somewhere on the web.
skydeaner 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2020 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
Thanks for that
The connector
US Spec. 2019 Nissan Sentra Radio Wiring Diagram - Page 2 -- posted image.
For the backup cam:
I think i got the pin numbers right
purple-- composite+ [center conductor] (pin 49)
black--ground (pin 48)
teal--6v+ (pin 28)
blue--composite- [outer ring](pin 29)
for the aswc-1.
So their pink wire to the light blue,
Their blue/pink to the light green below it.
I combined about 5 1 watt resistors I had of various values in parallel to get the 68 ohm resistance needed, but I assume they make 68 ohm resistors lol, I just had a bunch of random ones laying around.
Everything worked perfectly except for the phone and google voice buttons being backward for the pioneer. And it wouldn't reprogram by hitting the reset button or holding volume up like their instructions say (I think there is something weird about the volume buttons, like it's not a constant when held down or something) So I had to reprogram those reversed using the windows remapping tool, but they also make a version for iphones and android phones if you don't have a computer available.
All buttons work, I have assigned second commands for long holding down buttons and changed some things to my liking in there also, it's pretty cool.
Their support staff is top notch, I don't think i've ever had a better customer service experience, the dude I was dealing with up there was obviously a pro at what he does and responded super quick.
skydeaner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2020 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
Still need to figure out the vss wire and then I can get everything soldered in place. Anyone know which it is and if it comes from this 40 pin or the 20 pin ?
pioneer dmh-4660nex for the head unit
Skar 150.4ab for my mids and highs, 2 way active MX-261 components (midbass champs for sure with this much power and very detailed)
taramps 3000wrms for the sub which is a 12" NVX vcw122 (more bass than i'll ever need in a custom made box tuned to ~26hz based on impedance)
happy_dalek 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2020 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote happy_dalek
Thank you so much for this information skydeaner! Although the wire colors are different in my 2018 Kicks, the pinouts for the camera and swc are exactly as you mentioned.
skydeaner 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2021 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
You're welcome! yay I helped someone! actually it's funny cuz my car got totalled in late December and I got a 19 maxima instead and the colors were off on that too red/black/white/gray and my pinout worked on this car too! so thank goodness I decided to post my results for everyone! it almost makes me think Nissan knows what they are doing they just give zero loves about the color of wires they use lmao
edit: oh and I was just talking about the camera, but now that you mention it, yes the swc was the same on the maxima also just different colors as well. So maybe I will make a post with all three cars in the title here at 12v and other forums so no one has to search Google tediously. And thanks for saying thank you, that made my day.
tonii38 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tonii38
So the black isn't a shield? Bare wiring underneath? Mine are different color on 2019 Nissan Altima but I believe black is shield being positive for the signal
a
skydeaner 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
I personally wouldn't rely on any "color". As they follow absolutely no standard from one vehicle to another apparently. They didn't care they were using blue for shield (composite outer ring) on my sentra, and I don't remember the color the shield was on my maxima because I just went by my pinout and not by colors, and by the time I got it working I was tired and just threw it all back together.
And the dude with the kicks says his were all different colors also lol. I would just count the pins and do a quick check and see if it works.
If you still have the stock head unit it is easy to check the 6v+ and ground with a multimeter, pop it in reverse (with the ebrake on lol) and probe the pins for 6 volts.. and then if you get the composite center pin and outer ring (shield) backeards it won't harm anything it just won't work and you can then reverse them and be done with it.
str8jeanius 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2021 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote str8jeanius
Hey would you happen to know what any of the other wire colors mean on the 40pin connector? I’m trying to upgrade my 2018 Sentra radio to the 2019 one with CarPlay but I don’t want to slice into the wrong colors. Also if you know what any of the colors on the 2018 Sentra’s 32pin connector?
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2021 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
2019 Nissan Sentra Connectors
I'd need more info on the other vehicles in order to provide any help. Trim level of vehicle, Bose or Non-Bose, Nav or No Nav.
str8jeanius 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2021 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote str8jeanius
Aw thanks man, you're a lifesaver. I wasn't expecting a reply back but I'm glad you could help. By the way, I have a 2018 Nissan Sentra SV with 1.8L It came with the regular radio. I want to upgrade to the 2019 carplay radio. I'll provide photos. MOst of the connectors fit. Im just having trouble with the 40Pin which controls the rearview camera. I understand i have to splice my 32pin connector into the 40pin but i didnt know which color wires to splice. Or if i should get a harness and splice into the harness wires to keep my original wiring for future purposes. Here's some photos of the radio and the connectors
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic