the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Nissan Pathfinder R51, Remote Start/Alarm, Lock/Unlock, Immobiliser

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
konbra 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to wire an Avital 5305 remote start/alarm and a 556U immobiliser bypass but I have hit a bump in the install. I just have 2 things left to hook up until it is complete :(
1) I am unable to locate the lock and unlock wiring as I cannot even see them listed in the wiring diagrams that I have from my workshop manual. I know they are negatively pulsed via key fob but I still can't seem to find it. I tried to wire into the lock/unlock button in the dash but the car did not like this. I tried doing it to the door itself, and same result.
2) I am unable to locate which wires I need to use for the immobiliser bypass. My harness has 4 wires which consist of Grey, Black, Violet and Brown. I know that when I snip the Grey in half, the immobiliser will not read my factory key, so I am assuming I have 1 correct wire. I have tried using the black as a second with no luck. I wanted to see if anyone knew whether it is the Violet or Brown for the second wire before I begin to snip them. The Violet and Brown are constant 12+v and the Grey and Black are nothing.
2013 Nissan Pathfinder R51, Remote Start/Alarm, Lock/Unlock, Immobiliser -- posted image.
3) Following on from [2], which method of install should I be doing for the immobiliser bypass? I have tried the ring method with no luck. I have also tried Method 2 and 3 where you splice into the wiring but since I believe I am using the wrong ones, that would explain why my immobiliser isn't shutting down during start up sequence. I know my remote starter works because when I leave the key to the ON position, the car fires straight up, as the factory key has disabled the immobiliser.
2013 Nissan Pathfinder R51, Remote Start/Alarm, Lock/Unlock, Immobiliser -- posted image.
Any help would be appreciated. I have also added pictures of the harness and the install methods.
2013 Nissan Pathfinder 140KW
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
Nissan Pathfinder R51 2013 140kw (Spanish) with Regular fob key
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
On the 556U, why are you not using the antenna loop? Just secure the key inside the 556U and connect the Red, Black and Blue wires. Make sure the antenna loop is on the outer face of the ignition switch cylinder and hot glue it in place. No wires to cut.
For the door locks, on U.S. market vehicles the wires are found at the BCM behind the instrument cluster on vehicles without anti-pinch power windows. Hopefully your BCM is not secured with those unique fasteners. Here is the info :
POWER LOCK    BROWN (-)    TEST BY TURNING KEY IN DRIVER'S DOOR    BCM behind instrument cluster, black 40 pin plug, pin 34 On models with LF and RF anti-pinch windows, it is lt. blue (double -) at the power window main switch, white 16 pin plug, pin 15.
POWER UNLOCK    LT. BLUE (-DOUBLE PULSE)    BCM behind instrument cluster, green 40 pin plug, pin 24 On models with LF and RF anti-pinch windows, it is lt. blue (double -) at the power window main switch, white 16 pin plug, pin 15
Soldering is fun!
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
I tried using the antenna loop and it would not register it at all. Even in a different type of car that I installed a remote start in I could never get the antenna loop to work and always had to splice into the wiring.
I found a post online that someone says the Grey and Brown wires are the data wires, I know the grey is as I have tried it, so I will try the Brown later, which his a 12+v constant.
I will try to have a look at those. I was struggling to find which exact harness the diagrams are referring to, but after unplugging them all, the door locks stopped working only when I removed this one in the red square. So i am assuming it has to be one of these?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you have a R51 with a regular ignition key, then you have a Pathfinder that was last sold as a 2012 U.S. model.
The R52 was the 2013 model in the U.S. Here is the info on that one : If you are right hand drive I guess they are
talking about the drivers door master power window switch. The listed alarm wires will also do the locks.
OEM Alarm Arm   LT BLUE (-)   POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH WHITE 16 PIN CONN, PIN 4
OEM Alarm Disarm   RED\WHITE (- DOUBLE PULSE)   POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH WHITE 16 PIN CONN, PIN 6
Check there for a 16 pin connector and test if the wire color or pin positions give a (-) pulse with the door button.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
On the 556U, are you using the 5305's Dark Blue (-) Status Output as the 556U's Blue Status Input?
Did you try both 556U windings settings, 18 and 60 jumper positions? Basically, if the car will remote start with the key in the ignition, but not turned, without the 556U then you should be able to use the antenna ring, if positioned properly.
Soldering is fun!
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
I will try find those wires and test them. Mine has no factory alarm which is why I bought this kit.
Also yes the wires are connected (blue) - However I did not adjust the jumper settings as the manual said to have them both on the 2 position.
The car will no start with the key in the ignition unless it is turned to the ON position. Even the factory key will not disable the immobiliser until the key is turned to the ON position.
kreg357 
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
For the R/S, if the rest of your ignition wiring is correct, it should R/S without the 556U, with a key inserted into the ignition cylinder ( not turned ).
If you could post your 5303 to vehicle connections it might help us.
Soldering is fun!
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
I will do up a diagram and upload it.
As for the key in ignition. In this model pathfinder the immobiliser does not disable when the key is in the cylinder, only when it is turned to ON, so not even in ACC. Im not sure if this is a newer version of some sort but that is just how it is
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2020 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
Another issue i just noticed is on my avital unit. There is a constant ground out coming from the unlock wire (blue) but the lock (green) is only triggered when I press the button.
So as soon as the wire touches the unlock wire it unlocks it immediately without pressing any button
Is my unit itself faulty as it should only be grounding when the button is pressed.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic