the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Nissan Pathfinder R51, Remote Start/Alarm, Lock/Unlock, Immobiliser

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
konbra 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2020 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
Also, I'm just a a bit confused on the note that is written here for programming. It says that I need to change the output to siren so that I can program everything properly.
How am I supposed to change it if the chirps aren't there in the first place, or am i misreading what it says?
2013 Nissan Pathfinder R51, Remote Start/Alarm, Lock/Unlock, Immobiliser - Page 3 -- posted image.
2013 Nissan Pathfinder 140KW
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2020 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I've connected a small 12 volt buzzer to the siren output for programming purposes before, but you could use a test light and watch for flashes.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2020 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
I have my siren connected to the output, but I just understood that instruction that it will not work unless i re-program the output. So how am I meant to do it in the first place if it needs programming to output to siren. Or am I misreading this?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2020 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Catch 22? Sorry, I can't help much. I am not a big DEI user. I have a BitWriter to do all the programming changes.
Soldering is fun!
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2020 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
Ahh ok.
I just re-read it and I think it is referring to if you disable the alarm feature and then want to program. Therefore mine should instantly chirp as soon as I press the control button.
I did not hook up my horn honk outputs as I didn't want that feature so I just removed that wire.
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2020 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
I have wired everything in and it all works. The only odd thing is that at times the starter is not disengaging with the remote start.
So it will turn on once normally, then a second time the starter will keep running. It is hit and miss and I have no idea where to begin with this.
Relay is all hooked up as per previous reply and that black cable was in fact my second IGNITION.
I am also running virtual tach, if that makes a difference or not..?
The second problem is that the alarm only goes off when my drivers door is open. I thought all the doors were meant to be connected as one loop?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2020 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Try switching to tach mode. My guess is that will solve your starter engage problem.
Test your door trigger at the Viper. See if you have signal from all doors.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2020 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
Will give that a shot.
I found a wiring diagram and all 4 door triggers are individually triggered so I will buy some diodes and connect all 4 to the single activation input.
Slowly sorting out each issue one by one :)
This forum is incredible
konbra 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2020 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote konbra
I tried to find the tach wire form the injector and both of the wires gave me identical readings regardless of throttle or not. Not sure why this is the case.
I have black and white and it is the same on all 4 injectors. Will be buying a new multimeter tomorrow to make sure but yea, both of them were showing the same figures both at idle and at rev.
2013 Nissan Pathfinder R51, Remote Start/Alarm, Lock/Unlock, Immobiliser - Page 3 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2020 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Ah, you have the YD25DDTI Turbodiesel engine...
Getting a Tach signal from a diesel can be tricky.   No coil packs and the F.I.'s are sometimes burried. Set DMM to 20V AC.
Readings around 0.3 to 2.0 AC are common on gas F.I.'s. Not sure what you'll see on a Diesel. You might try a Cam Position
Sensor. I've had success with them before. If your instrument cluster has a Tach, there might be a wire there coming from the
ECU but you would need some wiring diagrams to sort it out. Short of that, Directed has a Tach Signal Generator Module,
454T, that will work. They go for about $30 in the States.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic