the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Mazda 3 Aftermarket Keyless Entry Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alexandertg 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexandertg
Hi guys, not new to the site, but new as a member. So I'm trying to install a keyless entry system on my wife's 2011 Mazda3, power locks no factory keyless entry. I purchased this one off Amazon. -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L4LTXSK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 My issue is I can not get it to lock. It will unlock, but not lock no matter what wire I use. I wasn't able to find the wire under the dash so I just tapped into the wire off the switch and took off the door panel, so I would need to know where the wire is because it seems like it changes color at the connection between the door jamb seal. I did use the search and seen I need a 1000 ohm resistor (just ordered it) Excuse the ugly drawing lol, is this how its supposed to be wired ? The door trigger works off 1 wire, so I'll tie the unlock wire directly to that wire, then use the lock wire and attach the resistor to it then from the resistor attach it to the same wire? Also I'm trying to connect the parking lights and the horn. I'm a bit lost with the wiring for the parking lights, I can't find the right wire, For the horn I know I need a relay and don't know what kind or how to connect it. I was able to locate the horn wire, but If I connect the lock or unlock wire to it, its sounds like someone is just pressing the horn, not nice sounding at all. Can someone please help me out here. I got the drivers door off and a bunch of pieces off of the underdash. Wife wants her car back and working. 2011 Mazda 3 Aftermarket Keyless Entry Issues -- posted image. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2011 Mazda 3 Aftermarket Keyless Entry Issues -- posted image.
Alexander The Great
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
Does the keyless entry module has an output for the horn? i could not see one in the diagram.
Parking Light:
Polarity: negative
location: Headlight switch, 12-pin white plug, pin# 1, wire color gray.
or
BCM 24-pin blue plug, wire color gray
remember to use a multimeter to test the parking light wire.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I am not familiar with your RKE unit. Can you post the install guide? I would like to see the outputs and their polarity. You diagram is nice but not too helpful in this respect.
Any way, your car has a one-wire door lock system. You have the correct wire if Unlock works OK. You just need the 1k ohm resistor to get the Lock function working. You might not need a relay for the horn. Depending on the Parking Light output you can go to either of two wires.
Soldering is fun!
alexandertg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexandertg
No output for the horn. Do you know what color wire is for the door lock? I traced the wire from the door lock switch and it doesn't come out under the dash. Looks like it changes colors at the harness on the door jam seal.
Alexander The Great
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is a wire listing for your car :
http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/printlist.aspx?MakeID=29&ModelID=20184
Soldering is fun!
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
MAZDA 3     2009-2013
KEY     T-HARNESS     IMMOBILIZER
N/A     N/A     MAZDA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, See NOTE #1
PART     COLOR     LOCATION     DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT     ORANGE (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (8-PIN PLUG), PIN H     
STARTER     LT. GREEN (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (8-PIN PLUG), PIN B     
STARTER 2     N/A          
IGNITION 1     BLUE (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (8-PIN PLUG), PIN A     
IGNITION 2     N/A          
IGNITION 3     N/A          
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1     WHITE (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (8-PIN PLUG), PIN D     
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2     PINK (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (8-PIN PLUG), PIN F     
KEYSENSE     N/A          
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )     GRAY (-)     @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH or BCM, (BLUE, 24-PIN PLUG(B), PIN V, NOTE #2     
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )     ORANGE (+)     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, Harness to REAR of Vehicle     
POWER LOCK     LT. GREEN (TYPE B) (-) Negative through a 1000 ohm resistor     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or BCM, (BLUE, 24-PIN PLUG(F), PIN D, NOTE #2     
POWER UNLOCK     Use LOCK wire, Straight ground to Unlock          
LOCK MOTOR WIRE     YELLOW (5-Wire Type)     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or BCM, (BLUE, 16-PIN PLUG(E), PIN O, NOTE #2     
DOOR TRIGGER     BLUE (-) N.C.     @ BCM, (BLUE, 24-PIN PLUG(F), PIN G, NOTE #2     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION     GREEN (-)     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or BCM, (BLUE, 16-PIN PLUG(E), PIN N, NOTE #2     
TRUNK RELEASE     BROWN (-) NOTE #3     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or BCM, (BLUE, 24-PIN PLUG(F), PIN O, NOTE #2     
SLIDING POWER DOOR     N/A          
HORN     BLUE (-)     @ HORN SWITCH or BCM, (BLUE, 24-PIN PLUG(B), PIN U, NOTE #2     
TACH     BLACK/WHITE, BLACK/YELLOW, BLACK/BLUE or BLACK/ORANGE (AC)     @ Any FUEL-INJECTOR     
WAIT TO START LIGHT     N/A          
BRAKE     GREEN to PURPLE (+)     @ BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH or in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, Harness to REAR of Vehicle     
FACTORY ALARM DISARM     Disarms with Interface module          
ANTI-THEFT     MAZDA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, See NOTE #1          
NOTES
NOTE #1: This vehicle is with MAZDA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, for REMOTE STARTING ONLY you will need the Part #791 BYPASS Module and an Extra Ignition key. (Requires extra key for Operation)
OR USE
Part # PK-ALL for REMOTE STARTING ONLY, requires 2 keys for programming, NO key required for Operation.
OR USE
Part # DB-ALL for Remote Starting and Keyless Entry operation (no resistors required), 2 keys required for programming, no key required for Operation.
NOTE #2: the BCM, (Body Control Module) is located UNDER the DRIVERS DASH, above the DRIVERS KICK PANEL.
NOTE #3: TEST this wire while Opening the Trunk/Lift gate from the Release Button on the REAR of the Vehicle.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
alexandertg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexandertg
2011 Mazda 3 Aftermarket Keyless Entry Issues -- posted image.
Alexander The Great
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
alexandertg wrote:
No output for the horn. Do you know what color wire is for the door lock? I traced the wire from the door lock switch and it doesn't come out under the dash. Looks like it changes colors at the harness on the door jam seal.
Door lock:
alexandertg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexandertg
I was able to find the the horn wire at the bcm. Can I hook up two relays, one from the parking lights then one to the horn so that it pulses at the same intervals. I would need help connecting them together as I have no idea how I would wire them.
Alexander The Great
alexandertg 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2020 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexandertg
djdeito wrote:
alexandertg wrote:
Door lock:
Thanks
Alexander The Great
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic