icon

2001 Dodge Durango Wiring Colors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eaglerm 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

I am in need of the wiring colors for my 2001 Dodge Durango. I am trying to install an Alarm system but I am having trouble finding the door lock wires to install the keyless entry with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
|       ITEM      |     WIRE COLOR     |POL|       WIRE LOCATION        |
|       POWER LOCK|WHITE/ green        |*1 |conn. 2, pin 10 @ CTM *2    |
|     POWER UNLOCK|same wire           |   |                            |
|       LOCK MOTOR|ORANGE / black        |   |conn. 2, pin 4 @ CTM *2     |
|     UNLOCK MOTOR|blue               |   |conn. 2, pin 6 @ CTM *2     |
|    DISARM DEFEAT|pink/black          |   |conn. 2, pin 5 @ CTM *2     |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|BLACK / YELLOW        |   |headlight switch            |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|RED / yellow          |   |conn. 1, pin 4 @ CTM *2     |
|       HEADLIGHTS|lt. GREEN/ orange    |- |headlight switch            |
|     DOOR TRIGGER|*3                  |- |CTM *2                      |
| DOME SUPERVISION|use door trigger    |   |                            |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|tan/black           |- |conn. 2, pin 7 @ CTM *2     |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM|lt. GREEN/ orange    |*4 |conn. 2, pin 14 @ CTM *2    |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|same wire           |   |      SPEED SENSE|WHITE/ orange or blue|   |conn. 2, pin 27 @ PCM *6    |
Notes:
NOTE: Chrysler vehicles that use a gray ignition key have an immobilizer system that needs to be bypassed when remote starting. Use DEI part number 555C or 555U. *1 Lock is negative trigger thru a 820 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. MUST use relays. *2 The Central Timer Module is in the driver kick panel. *3 The driver door trigger is tan in connector 2, pin 15. The passenger door trigger (and rears) is tan/red in connector 2, pin 13. Use both and diode isolate each. See directfax document #1076 for wiring information. *4 Arm is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm is negative trigger thru a 1565 ohm resistor. MUST use relays. This wire will also lock the doors, and it will unlock with a double pulse. *5 On the 5.9L models use BLACK/ gray at the ignition coil. The 4.7L models have an ignition coil for each cylinder, use the wires that is NOT GREEN/ orange at one of the coils. *6 The Powertrain Control Module is on the passenger fender.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

Just so you know, I had to install diodes in line with the door triggers, one trigger for driver door, second trigger for all other doors (like on most Ford's) .  They kept falsing.  So dont skip that *3 step.

eaglerm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys... I found that white one with the green pretty easy.. Didn't know about the rest. I am installing the Bulldog 6002 and there is a red (w/fuse), and 2 other wires to hook up. I'm guessing that I should use the 2 wires with the ORANGE / black and the blue? the WHITE/ green seems like a constant hot. Explain how I would hook up the relay for this WHITE/ green wire...

Thanks for working with me on this,

Ric

eaglerm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ok guys... First thanks for the colors. They came in handy. I hooked up the entire Alarm except the Keyless Entry(which is why I bought it). I am having trouble with this... Does anyone know if the 2001 Dodge Durango is a "3 wire Positive system"? I am at a total loss on this and need help.

Here are the colors given to me:

|       POWER LOCK|WHITE/ green        |*1 |conn. 2, pin 10 @ CTM *2    |

|     POWER UNLOCK|same wire           |   |                            |
|       LOCK MOTOR|ORANGE / black        |   |conn. 2, pin 4 @ CTM *2     |
|     UNLOCK MOTOR|blue               |   |conn. 2, pin 6 @ CTM *2     |

The "WHITE/ Green" wire tests hot constant(at least with the door open)

The other wires "ORANGE / black" and "blue" wires not hot. The Blue wire I found is for the driver side door(I cut it). The other one I don't know about because I didn't cut that one. When I touch the "WHITE/ green" wire it does work the lock but how can I hook this to my alarm? I have 1 red fused wire and 4 other wires saying to go to the switch/motor. I also have 2 relays ready to put on if needed but I have no idea how to hook the wires up.

Help if you can would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric

cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
both lock and unlock use the same wire, except that you need to switch a resistor via a relay, lock 820ohm, unlock 330ohm, switch each resistor to -12v (ground) with relays, which are in turn driven by the alarm/remote start lock/unlock outputs
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
There is more than one WHITE/ green at the CTM, and I believe one of them tests as constant as you say. Go down the the middle plug, and the correct WHITE/ green wire is on the left side of the center plug.
eaglerm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

OK, the lock and unlock uses the same "WHITE/ green" wire. Should I cut the wire and connect the relay or just splice into it at 2 seperate spots? Or do they need to be seperated(that's my guess)?

I do know where the wire is and now I do know that I have to ground the red instead of putting it hot.

Thanks for all the help, I've never done this before and this Forum is great as far as I can see...

Ric

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
No need to cut the wire or make separate splices.
There are two ways to do this. They say you need to use two relays, but I never do. If you use relays and follow the instructions correctly, it'll work perfectly the first time. If you go without relays, be prepared to fiddle around a little bit.
WITH RELAYS: (Get two ordinary SPDT automotive relays)
86 on both relays goes to fused positive
87 on both relays goes to ground
85 from relay #1 goes to your alarm's negative lock output......85 from relay #2 goes to your alarm's negative unlock output.
Connect an 820 ohm resistor to terminal 30 of relay #1, and a 330 ohm resistor to terminal 30 of relay #2.
Connect the other ends of the resistors together, and connect them to a length of wire....connect the wire to the car's WHITE/ green at the CTM.
WITHOUT RELAYS:
The alarm puts out a little less current---you're going to need to use slightly smaller resistors to compensate. You may have to experiment with the resistor values to get it to work. To save time, make only temporary connections at first, then make them permanent when you find the correct resistor value.
Does your alarm have only negative lock/unlock outputs.....or do they function as both negative
and positive? That's important to know.
If the outputs are negative-only, just connect each output directly to a resistor, then connect the other ends of the resistors to a length of wire, which will be connected to the CTM.
If the outputs are negative/positive, you'll need two one-amp diodes to "hide" the positive pulses from going to the CTM. Simply connect your two resistors as described above, then run each resistor's output through the one-amp diode, and then tie the other ends of the diodes together and put them to the CTM.
eaglerm 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

I tried it today with 2 relays hooked up and still could not get it BUT I did not hook up any resistors as you stated. I will have to try and fine some because they did not come with my Alarm(of course).

What a pain to hook this up to a Durango. Shame the kit doesn't come with everything. All the kit said before I bought it was that I would need a relay. That is all. Well, where can I get the resistors at? Would Radio Shack carry them???

Oh, by the way the Alarm is positive or negative out puts for this. It carries both.

Thanks for your help and I will get back to here if it works or not.

Ric

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic