Diode for two 530ts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lophix 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there cpgoose,

well i had time today to finally check out my connections and stuff for the final try. Guess what? my aux output from the remote start IS fried! I went to a viper dealer here in town just so he could confirm that i wasn't jumping to conclusions and sure enough, it's fried. so I'm getting a new one under warranty in a little bit. Might suck because if i will most likely get a newer model as mine is over 5yrs old, and the new one will most likely come with a different harness from the one i have now meaning i'll have to rewire the remote start all over again. fun! i also tested the ground inputs from the 530ts and they were fine. oh well, now comes the waiting. thanks a whole lot man, i really really appreciate it.

xmfan
lophix 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there cpgoose,

well i had time today to finally check out my connections and stuff for the final try. Guess what? my aux output from the remote start IS fried! I went to a viper dealer here in town just so he could confirm that i wasn't jumping to conclusions and sure enough, it's fried. so I'm getting a new one under warranty in a little bit. Might suck because if i will most likely get a newer model as mine is over 5yrs old, and the new one will most likely come with a different harness from the one i have now meaning i'll have to rewire the remote start all over again. fun! i also tested the ground inputs from the 530ts and they were fine. oh well, now comes the waiting. thanks a whole lot man, i really really appreciate it.

xmfan
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
WOW! That's nuts. I really thought that would have been a last resort. The store that's giving you a new one, is it the same place wher eyou bought it 5 years ago? I'm just curious. I bought mine used, and it acts up sometimes, but I don't have a receipt or anything.
But cool, I'm glad you got it figured out. It's going to be a pain, but at least you pinpointed the problem. Let me know how it goes.
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
lophix 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
actually i bought it on ebay last november from a guy in indiana. he used to be a dei installer and so i called him yesterday and he sent me a receipt saying he sold it to me and installed it on my car even though someone else did. the dealer i went to yesterday said he would send it out for me without a receipt.  I am most likely going to get pro-rated and will cost me about $40-50 bucks for a brand new unit which still isn't too bad. if yours is acting up try getting a dealer to work with you in getting a new one under warranty that you got it out of state. they might help you out.
xmfan
lophix 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
as a follow up, i calle dei directly and was told that they would send me a new, current unit for free. all i had to do was send the brain/remote, receipt and contact info. the charge above was if i went through the dealer.
xmfan
lophix 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2003 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
hey there cpgoose..just following up on the 530t issues. I finally shipped my remote start last friday and this wednesday, i received 2 (TWO) replacement and new model remote start systems!! Unfortunately i had to rewire the car again and even though I wasn't the one that installed it the first time and didnt think I could do it, i went ahead none the less to try and locate all the wires this evening and before I knew it, I was done! completely hooked up in 1hr 25mins. to say that i am elated would be an understatement. and the best of all, I connected the RED / white from the aux2 to one of the 530ts and voila! remote controlled windows. Only problem is when i attempted to remote start, it kept cranking the starter and so i cut it off. everything else works. Unfortunately it was dark when I was done and couldnt even see the wires not to talk of the temperature falling.  At least I know i got most of it done. Tomorrow after fixing the remote start problem, I will solder all the connections and tidy up and be ready for the winter! I am still contemplating not using a relay (even though I have 4 sitting right beside me!) I still havent seen a justification to get one hooked up to connect the two 530ts. I also have only 1 diode hooked up to the 2 530ts...hopefully i'm okay with all this. Thanks for the help man!
xmfan
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
WOW, that's awesome. I'm glad that all worked out for you. TWO units?   You mean you sent them a busted unit, and they sent you two free ones? Wanna sell one? Diode for two 530ts - Page 4 -- posted image. Have you figured out the cranking problem yet? Yea, and about the relays, I was never really sure because some people said to use it, and others said I didn't need to....so I stuck to the cautious side and used them anyway. Let me know how it's going....what model unit did they send? I guess it wasn't a 791xv :-)
lophix 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

yeah they sent me 2 units free. fortunately (or unfortunately?) They declined to send me the 790 :( i really tried and put pressure on them, flirted, ...name it. but they said they just couldnt so i left it at that. They sent me 2 150esp. One of them had the siren (514N?) with it too, so that got me wondering what they were thinking.

I also used a relay for the 530ts like you did :)  The cranking problem was because the brain hadn't learnt the tach yet. everything's perfect now. my gf wanted a remote start in her camaro. so i went ahead an installed the second one in her car. needless to say, i feel like i have been doing this for years!! it came so naturally and took me about 4hours to install hers. she has a 5spd so i'm still working on the neutral safety. her VATS was a kind of pain though but i got it worked out. Now I have both a nissan and a camaro under my belt :)  both 5speeds. Mine is safe; hers isnt yet.

I have a question: mine is currently on a delay..i have to push the button for 1.3s and 3s... like that. In the manual, it says it can be changed to "instant validity"..i haven't tried this yet, but will it still function the same way? unfortunately my gf has hijacked my car because of the windows and stuff :) so i can't really check it out till later tonight or tomorrow.

if yours is acting up, pm me and i'll let you know how you can send it in for replacement.

xmfan
lophix 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

yeah they sent me 2 units free. fortunately (or unfortunately?) They declined to send me the 790 :( i really tried and put pressure on them, flirted, ...name it. but they said they just couldnt so i left it at that. They sent me 2 150esp. One of them had the siren (514N?) with it too, so that got me wondering what they were thinking.

I also used a relay for the 530ts like you did :)  The cranking problem was because the brain hadn't learnt the tach yet. everything's perfect now. my gf wanted a remote start in her camaro. so i went ahead an installed the second one in her car. needless to say, i feel like i have been doing this for years!! it came so naturally and took me about 4hours to install hers. she has a 5spd so i'm still working on the neutral safety. her VATS was a kind of pain though but i got it worked out. Now I have both a nissan and a camaro under my belt :)  both 5speeds. Mine is safe; hers isnt yet.

I have a question: mine is currently on a delay..i have to push the button for 1.3s and 3s... like that. In the manual, it says it can be changed to "instant validity"..i haven't tried this yet, but will it still function the same way? unfortunately my gf has hijacked my car because of the windows and stuff :) so i can't really check it out till later tonight or tomorrow.

if yours is acting up, pm me and i'll let you know how you can send it in for replacement.

xmfan
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Well, two new 150esps is pretty cool. Not bad at all.
As for your question: (Assuming you have the 3-button remote), you mean you have to hit the button for 1 second and then 3 seconds, and then the windows will activate? That's weird....I guess it's a safety feature if you had that hooked up to the remote start, maybe. Yea, I would program it for "instant validity" (if it's for your windows). That way it will work right off the bat.
Now I have a question for you, since you're the "manual" guru. I've never done a manual (I barely know how to drive them), but I've done quite a few automatics. What did you have to do to make it "safe"? I'm assuming it has to be in neutral, and maybe with the parking brake on? Do you think that's enough in your opinion? Again, I don't know much about manuals. I don't think the 150esp is a "manual-specific" alarm and remote start, so you were able to make it "watch" for your safety features before remote starting? I just ask because a friend of mine has a manual and wants a remote start, but doesn't think it's safe. Just wanted to know your thoughts.
You have a PM :-)
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic