icon

hidden starter kill, ghost switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
white caddy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
a cut off on the fuel or ignition is a great idea because no matter how slick your starter kill is, all you have to do is get the car ready to crank and jump the starter. me myself i use my cruise control button but if you want something more elusive by all means do so, the harder you try to keep your car the harder they have to work to drive it away.
the best way i found to keep a car is not to "dress it up" so much that everybody want to steal what you have.
a fancy car is like a fancy women, the better she looks the more someones going to try to steal her from you! ha!
d.s.
white caddy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
oh i forgot, heres a easy slick one.
if you have a (dependable) remote start- cut the wire from the ignition to the stater and leave the wire from the remote start connected to the starter side. this way the key will NEVER start the car, it will only start with the remote start button on your transmitter.
d.s.
magickdan 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone I am new here but I got an idea. How about a reed switch. For those who don't know what it is it's a magnetic switch. Just carry the small magnet with you and when you get in your car put the magnet over the switch and there you go.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic