icon

audiobahn or cerwin vega?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Disaster092 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

Along with the cost of drivers, you have to estimate the cost of the amplifiers to power them. I know Auidobahn all seem to have a high power handling, Cerwin Vega isn't as high, but it doesnt seem to to take much to make them do their job. Look into that as well as total system cost, and the space needed to make it all work effectively.

southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
well i'm getting the rockford 1501bd amp an i got a 86 cutlass supreme. so space isn't really an issue. but i want a good sub or subs.
southsider
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
did you read about neon97 post on audiobahn. After hearing about his problems you couldnt get me to touch that stuff with a ten foot pole.
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
no i didn't wha happen or were could i read it?
southsider
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
audiobahn 1000w rms 2000w peak the subs i want are 6ohm dvc so would the 1501bd rock amp be able to push 4 of these or would the dvc cerwinvegas be better at dvc 4ohm 300w rms 800peak
southsider
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

125 for a Adire audio shiva, which will put both to shame.

http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/shiva.htm

Thats my opinion...

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
still doesn't anwser my question.
southsider
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
heyh man, stay away from audiobahn, garbage i stuck up for that sh*t company when i had it, until they acted like dicks, i have the awt15X sub, 3000RMS, i put 1, memphis mc1000d on it, and it fried in one hour, box were to exact specs, 4 gauge wire, 150 amp fuse, hook up perfect, cone froze completey, called audiobahn, they told me tough luck, i bought it form a local dealer for 1300 bucks, just because i wanted the warrenty, well, what a waste of 1300 bucks, i could have bought it off ebay for 500, this is canadian by the way, which is still expensive, but thats what they cost in canada, anyways, when i called them new wave(the distributor) the warrenty called told me if i would have had a cap, the voice coil would have not fried, that was the funniest and dumbest thing i have ever heard, right there goes to show how much audiobahn knows about car audio, there company should be destroyed, worst company ever, go buy pyrmaid, last longer then sh*tbahn does, thres my expeerience with the worst pieces of car audio in my life, i hate it, and will never buy it agian, i will never reccommend it anybody wither, i hope somebosy from audiobahn sees these post, just they realize how sh*t there company is!!!!!
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
dont know what everyone else has to say bout CV but I have all my highs done with their stealth series and I'm very pleased. I dont know how good their subs are but I haven't ever heard of anyone who says "stay away from Cerwin Vega, they suck" so I imagin their pretty good with the subs. Audioblah screwed neon over so if your looking for a company that will honor a warranty you will want to look else where.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
ive had a cv 18" that was 20+ years old that was a damn good and durable sub even with the age and usage on the sub.
Quad L Handyman services
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic