icon

audiobahn or cerwin vega?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
damn neon sory to hear that bra so i guess i'll stick wit my cv then thanks guys for the imput.
southsider
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

neon, i find it hard to believe that if you bought your sub from a local dealer, they had you call up audiobahn to get your warranty. usually the local dealer will  take the damaged product and send it back to the company to get it repaired or replaced.  then for them to give you an excuse is again highly unlikely, and even further unlikely is that they blamed it on a capacitator. 

personally i think your story is a little off or your not telling the whole truth

Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
94bonny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

and to southside, man CV makes some nice equipment and so does audiobahn, agreed audiobahn needs more power=more money but they are louder, it all depends on what you are looking for

i would go check out the products in local showrooms to further your research and understanding before you actually purchase your audio equipment

Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
94bonny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

neon, after reading your complete thread on the the blown sub i understand your situation better, sorry for the post above, please disregard

and best of luck getting your sub fixed or a new one bro

Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

RE:  Audiobahn or Cerwin-Vega!?

I used CV 15" woofers in my home system since '85.  They rocked 10 years before the surrounds went.  Great tone.  So I decided to go with CV again when I upgraded the car.  I used a 12" HED DVC that Millionbuy was auctioning for $39. http://www.cerwinvega.com/products/mobileaudio/index.html

Excellent low end, plenty of SPL.  Fit into a small, sealed box (I made it at .89 cu.ft. and used Acousta-Stuf).  I'm using it as an 8 ohm driver bridged onto 2 channels of a small (400.4) Profile Clarus amp http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=3512, so it presents only a 4 ohm load to the amp.  It hits so hard that I can't even imagine the setups you guys are talking about!

southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
i want something that will hit hard an sound nice at the same time.my cousin has an audio bahn it sounds ok i guess. i had the old cerwin it hit pretty hard. but that was a while ago though. i want there new v-max an was looking at audiobahn too.i'm leaning toward  cv but undecided still.
southsider
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

Why are CV and Audiobahn your only choices?  How much do you want to spend?

southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
no offence to anyone but it startin to seem like jl jbl are fads. i don't want what everyone  else has.no too many people i hang out wit have anything but sony or cheap rockfords that come from best buy. those aren't my only options. about 450 for subs.
southsider
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

thank u

southsider
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic