icon

2000 Honda Accord SE

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dominos911 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have just installed a Viper 560XV, but when I pop the trunk using the Viper remote the factory security system goes off. I read in the Honda factory service manual that after everything is locked and 10sec. later the factory triggers are set and I think that is what is setting the factory security system off. What wire or what should I do to make it so it does not that do that. Thanks in advance for the info.
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
More than likely, there is a wire going into the lock mechanisim that is switched. There of course will be a few wires that move the actuator or motor to unlock the trunk but another one should be a switch. In most security systems, they activate with a negative connection or when they are 'grounded'. So, if you can find this wire, then you can simply disconnect it and tape it up.
Please, if anybody thinks I am wrong, please correct me. Thanks!!
wblakes 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
most likely you are using channel 2 on the viper. there is a feature in the programming that disarms the factory alarm when the trunk is pop. it's called "FAD with channel 2" maybe you need to turn that on.
dominos911 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
thanks sparkyssb and wblakes!
wblakes, I already have the FAD with channel 2 on ,do I need to wire in the factory disarm wire with the relay diagram that the installation guide provides? and if so where is the factory disarm wire? I know a lot people say it is where the security LED is but that only has a red and blue wire going to it, if you know the location can tell me where to look. Thanks again
wblakes 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
i believe that the se version use unlock to disarm, so try connecting the factory disarm wire to unlock wire of the vehicle.
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
get your DMM and test the Lite green with red wire in the same plug were the lock and unlock wires are you should find the disarm wire there. make sure you stick the key in the driver key cylinder and unlock it with your key check your meter for polarity.
dominos911 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks nava94,
One last question. Do I have to diode isolate all the door triggers since the car has a domelight delay, which makes the viper alarm arm even though the doors are opened. I spliced into the BLACK/ white wire that was on the four pin plug connector. Is that the right one? If not which one is the right one. Thanks everyone!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic