icon

Glassing Pics, Opinions Needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mycustoms1980 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
check this site it will help u out       http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/glassing2/
rovingtek 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
WOW....
Looks like you're using bondo to build the enclosure and not to smooth it out....
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

nice concept i guess, but let me tell you you went way too overboard with the bondo. if you glassed everything right, you shoulda just had to fill some little pits that the fleece have, not take a cement bucket and tip it upside down. all i gotta say is i hope that you can figure it out. glassing isnt hard at all, just a little time consuming. that trunk, is just scary. good luck, and good luck to whoever gets an enclosure built by you and your friend.

Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
wow!!!! it looks like its from a bayou.
check out jeff's (velocitymotorsport) DIY
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
streetstorm 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

for alott better of a looking and easier to do job i would have suggested to make a template outside of the ehicle and the fiberglass that and slid it into the trunk and seal it.

yes that is alott more work and more money on supplies but it would be alott better then doing it directly in the trunk and having to sand soo much inside the vehicle where i bet u wont get all of it. so for future progects id suggest doing it that way .

mark

wht94stang 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks alot guys well here is another somewhat recent pictures.  I know there were alot of insults about it but here is how it is looking now....

https://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/wht94stang/eb107b66.jpg

https://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/wht94stang/65cb02b2.jpg

https://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/wht94stang/e12db93f.jpg

https://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/wht94stang/bbfa9621.jpg

Now let me know what u think.....Thanks

hartman 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm begging you, cut your losses and start over.  Read up on how to do things correctly.
streetstorm 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Nah since u built it into the trunk its really hard to start over now

just do the best you can with what you have for now, its getting there but u have created alott more work for yourself. next time just make a mold and then place it in the trunk or wherever!! but it is starting to look better !!  im assuming you are gonna wanna paint it or vynal it right??

wht94stang 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yea it's goin to be primered and painted high gloss black.  It is definitely getting there if you ask me, it looks bette rnow but slow but steady process.  Anycase the only real problem for the trunk was actually us using the matte.  Which obviously isn't the best deal then just resin and hardner wiht cloth.  But now with that down things are goin alot better, that's why it looks messy in the turnk.
streetstorm 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

yea well just keep doin what you are doing and try to make it as smooth as u can with body filler and alotta sanding!!!  once you add primer you will notice all the minor errors but its just a quick coat of  body fill into those cracks..

i have just redesigned my front bumper on my 1993 honda delsol and am gonna design my trunk to fit my air ride system 2 5 gal tanks 2 chrome compressors 8 valves and a second battery and i have to make it so i can still put my roof in the trunk so there is gonna be alotta designing for me hahaha

Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic