icon

Glassing Pics, Opinions Needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wht94stang 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well good luck with that let me know the design.  Sounds lik ea fun project, i just glassed my doors and waitin for other nitrous bottle.  Good luck
streetstorm 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

yea thanks alott haha it will be funn that for sure

hey u want a nice air ride kit or something for your car i sell all aftermarket parts most of which are not listed on my site yet but check out www.streetstorm.com

Wherm 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
anymore updated pics yet?
stormshadow 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Kinda interesting. Looks like you put a lot of effort into it.Glassing Pics, Opinions Needed - Page 4 -- posted image.
In the end what matters is how it looks and sounds, no one ever asked DaVinci what brush strokes he used to paint The Mona Lisa. In all fairness, however, there are easier means to accomplish the same ends, but to each their own.Glassing Pics, Opinions Needed - Page 4 -- posted image.
I, personally, would use West system epoxy and microballoons. Useing the epoxy/microballoon combo. will allow you to controll the consistancy of the product, ie. more balloons for a thicker mix/larger gaps. I have never used " bondo " but I believe that the properties of the above are similar. For the final sanding I would use a glazing compound.
Stormshadow
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hm...I sure hope this isn't a customers car. They are going to be pissed. I don't know if someone has stated the purpose of bondo on this post yet, it not-the purpose of Bondo is fo fill in the pits, and valleys of the fiberglass. It kind of look like you went out and bought 200 dollars worth of bondo and just start dumping it into the trunk. I don't know if that is fixable or not. If it is fixable it still will probably look pretty bad...sorry
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

wht94stang, is this your personal ride? I know this is your 1st attempt which I have never built a fiberglass box before, but I started one yesterday.  But I am not sure you are going about doing the system the right way.  Did you plan before your started your box?  Just curious.

Will you ever be able to remove the box?  I know at some point and time you will have to change one of your tail lights.  Also, did you consider the additional weight that will be added by all of that bondo.  Just a little something to ponder on...    Not trying to be funny just wanted to know.

Silverciv 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

I have never in my life seen anything like this but good thing your running giggle gas cause you'll need it just to push around all the excess weight....a word of advice before you attempt another project research what your doing and do it right the first time.

p.s. I'm going to nominate you for the national darwen awards

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Whitestang post some new pics im eager to see what uve done with it, its been awhile.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
hzemall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

Is that trunk work removable ?

There are many ways to do what you want to do that will be way quicker then what your doing.

Tim Baillie
Installer/Designer/Fabricator
Certified Autosound & Security
wht94stang 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

How would that be then, I would appreciate it, the trunk is still the way it is but smooth now, ust installed the purge into the fenders, and cut out the hood, and going to attempt molding on the body kit, if anyone has any suggestions about that as well.  Thansk

Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic