That site... that all of your installs?

hzemall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
casedeez wrote:

Yo Hzemall,

That site... that all of your installs?

Mostly, there are a couple that my installers did on their own other then they they are my creations or me and my installers creations.

Tim Baillie
Installer/Designer/Fabricator
Certified Autosound & Security
waracing 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2004 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Looks good. Just be patient. After filling with what ever you choose I can recommend a light weight  bodyfiller after the last glassing. It will fill in all the tiny pits. Then you can gel.
Light and fast
audioconnection 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

do you realize the car is gonna need major suspension work??!!

if you dont want to spend another 300 bucks on sand paper, go get yourself some fleese and resin and go over what youve done already. if done right you might be able to finish it this year. and as far as the body kit. maybe ya might want to finish one project on the car before you go any farther?

remember...Friends Dont let friends Install, Take it to a pro..
drunkenbreaker 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

It looks like you just need a little more info on building fiberglass enclosures.  The next step in my opinion is to remove everything by any means that you've done.  After that rethink your current project.

I was once in your shoes.  I used bondo way too often and I actually thought the 3d sander was good it's a piece of crap.  Now, all my projects begin in the back of the enclosure.  Mask everthing in you're car that is going to be covered with masking tape. I suggest you make your enclosure removable.  after you mask everything, have precut pieces of fiberglass mat ready.  mix your fiberglass resin and spread a healthy coat directly on the masking tape.  Then, wearing gloves apply the mat pieces with your left hand while "stabbing" them with a brush full of resin.  You want a really strong backing for any enclosure.  Don't be afraid to overlap the edges.  after it dries, mark the line you want around the edge and cut it off using dremel, angle grinder, or my favorite drywall saw.  This is how you seriously start a strong fiberglass enclosure.  I've spent a lot of money messing up so you can trust my opinion and instruction.

I can't type the story of fiberglass, but if you do take my advice and restart using my method.  Reply back here and I can help you finish your project as will everyone else on here. 

The best tip I can give is to draw your idea and post it up here, that way based on peoples reaction you can tell the difficulty of building and wether it will be functional or not. 

drunkenbreaker 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

Also, about your molding the body kit. 

Don't do it unless you're 100% sure you will not drive this on a daily basis and is clear of any mechanical defects.  If you wish to do performance mods finish all before molding the kit.

I've molded 2 kits since I've started and the only reason I did was because the front and rear bumpers did not line up.  Personally I mold all side skirts because it's a small job and it looks much better than those nasty looking lines.

nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

I think the people here are being nice just to be nice. I'll be blunt, it looks like total $hit. I'm sure 90% of the people here agree with it, but just aren't blunt enough to come out and say it.

Take that bondo out, and let a pro do it. Your doing more harm then good.

mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
finally someone agrees with me. i thought it was a joke the first time i saw it but he kept posting messages like he was proud of it. its amazing how dumb people really are
always looking for new info and willing to give it
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

mikedawg wrote:
finally someone agrees with me. i thought it was a joke the first time i saw it but he kept posting messages like he was proud of it. its amazing how dumb people really are

I agree. I mean, out of all the posts, 99% of the people are beating around the bush by saying it doesnt look good instead of saying "dude, it looks like crap", but he thinks it looks good. I don't really think he's "dumb", but I do think he's lacking some common sense.

When I made my fiberglass box, I asked for help and ideas BEFORE I started. He's asking for help after he pours gallons of bondo in his trunk. Now after seeing his bondo work, he wants to attempt to make body kits? lol

He posted here wanting peoples opinions, and I think it's only right we should be blunt and say it how it is.

mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
yup. we all did our first box, but honestly did yours look like that. i know mine sure didnt. i almost got sick to my damn stomach seeing that picture. its funny but sad. the thing that scares me is he works at best buy. look at his profile. customers cars are susceptable to his "cusomizations".
always looking for new info and willing to give it
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic