icon

dynomat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if there are any products similar to dynomat but not as expensive. I need to do my hole trunk because i cant stand that sound on the outside when the bass hits. I tried looking at dynomat but was a more then what i was looking to spend.
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
brown bread
southsider
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Is there anything that would work that you could get at a local hardware store like homedepot or something
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
read some of the threads on here about this. the stuff from home depot is good but won't stick for long. try a search on here an it will give all the info u need good luck.
southsider
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot southside ill check those out ill probly end up geting dynomat
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Start out  with a small amount of Dynamat (or BrownBread).  Start with putting it in the center of the larger expanses of sheet metal.  Get more if and as you need to, and work from the center towards the edges.  You may very well get to the point where the noise isn't irritating anymore and have only covered a small portion of the metal.   I know, that stuff can get very expensive.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Grace ice shield.   Thats what i used in my Pathfinder, worked amazing.  got like 75 linear feet for $145 canadian at my local building store.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  

cheapest thing i've ever done: Go get a bucket of tar from home depot, they are like 5 bucks a gallon. Roll that stuff all over the floor of the trunk. For the trunk lid, you can use spray cans of automotive undercoat. It makes a difference. For better results, add more. ghetto, i know, but hey, when you're on a tight budget its worth a shot.

1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
bighauns 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

If you do want dynomat or brown bread, check out ebay.  Very very cheap compared to retail.  But i have heard that the Grace Ice Shield works great too. 

Just some thoughts

Alex

bring on the boom!
bighauns 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  

Ebay is very cheap for dynomat and brown bread compared to retail.  I have also heard that Grace Ice Shield works very well.

Just some thoughts!

Alex

bring on the boom!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic