icon

dynomat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bighauns 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
sorry, i did not mean to post twice my internet froze and it appeared to not have posted.
bring on the boom!
bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
i just have a few more questions my trunk really does make alot of noise does this stuff really reduce the noise like it says? And if i were to get the one from homedepot because its way cheaper and it did start falling off couldnt i just buy some kind of glue or adhesive that would hold it up?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
1)  which one?....................................and 2) no.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
ok i really dont know what to do i dont have enough money to get dynomat and those expensive names but i could aford the homedepot stuff probably. If i do get the homedepot stuff do u think it would work at least for a couple of months till i can afford the other stuff?
One more thing when u go to a compition and the see how many db's your subs do does it matter if ur trunk is rattling alot?
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
my advice just save your money. the home depot stuff falls off. then u will have to keep buying stuff too hold it up. so in the long run u will pay MORE for the cheap stuff. isn't that ironic.  well people at comps. probably have brownbread or something like that so there stuff doesn't rattle. so it probably does matter. but i'm not sure don't take that as gospel.
southsider
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, i might just wait and see what happens maybe i can find a friend who lines up his trunk and has some left over stuff for me. Thanks for the replies if i do deside to buy some ill probably end up getting brownbread thanks everyone
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
www.mcmaster.com-----sound absorbers----page #3270----
adhesive-back damping sheets---polymeric mastic sheet are the same thickness as Dynamat. It worked really well for me.
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
What shipping charges are there with them?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Ftw444 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a new trick for you all!!!   Buy Liquid fiberglass from ne store and put it on all surfaces Do about 5 good solid coats and it will be just as good as dynamat!!!!   Trust me!!!  I have done many systems 
ftw
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
I bought one sheet at $14.62 and shipping was ten bucks. One sheet is 12 square feet. It arrived in two days since they have 6 warehouses across the nation. If you call or email them with what you want to order they will tell you upfront what the shipping charges will be.
I would advise a heat gun on really curved areas or just lay it out on the cement on a hot day.
ATTn: ftw444, that sounds just as expensive as paying full price for Dynamat.
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic