the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

dynomat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
10 bucks is pretty high for a 10 pound package.  I'll take your suggestion and email them for the ground rate on 3 sheets.  And I'm close enough to the Jersey location.   This stuff is 1/3 to 1/4 the price of Dynamat. 
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

T.Hill wrote:
www.mcmaster.com-----sound absorbers----page #3270----
adhesive-back damping sheets---polymeric mastic sheet are the same thickness as Dynamat. It worked really well for me.

Thanks for the money-saving tip.  I orderered 36 sq ft for $43 plus $11.75 ground UPS.  And got it in 2 days.  Installed most of it today and it works like a charm.  Very happy with this product, price and company.  I would just say that overlapping or double layering needs some spray glue on the backside of the first layer.  Otherwise it has good glue and sticks like Dynamat to sheet metal.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
 Hey - on your question about the rattling affecting comps.- I was at one a few years ago here (hicksville) and the guy that won had an older, rattley car, and on his final run he had like 10 people sitting on his car to deaden the rattles and he hit almost 2db higher than his previous runs. It can make the difference if your in the final 2 ! I know that all the people on the car wouldn't be allowed at a decent comp., but first prize in this one was a Rockford Fosgate watch and t-shirt! And the winner's top score was something like 148.3 db. Not really comp. quality numbers.
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic