icon

Ground Q/A sticky

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

the amps are grounded to underneath the rear seat.  i checked the resistance between the amp ground and the battery ground and it  is .8 ohms and the resistance between the deck ground and the battery ground is .8 ohm also the resistance between the battery negative post and the chassis is also .8 ohm.  Do you think i should run a new ground between the engine and the chassis

what i did for now is just use the inputs out of the deck to the speakers and of course no noise. just so i could get the guy on his way for the weekend and get him back next week.  The rca cables are out of the equation cause i tried new ones draped over the seat.  that too would eliminate the routing of wires. ground checks out. So with that being said you would think it is the deck or amp?

No i didnt have another deck in stock i could test it with.  Next week i guess.    Pioneer is really that bad ?  You think it is the deck?

aprodigy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
anyways i have a problem, i was trying to connect my ground wire but i can seem to find a way to get it thru from the engine bay to the inside of the car can anyone help? The car is a 2001 honda accord v6. thanks
larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

why are you running your ground wire out to the engine bay.  Should be no problem in that car to run ground inside car...if you want to though you will have to drill your own hole and put a grommet in if you are running a large ground wire through.  where did you hook your power wire to?

Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks forbidden, Apparently the deck wasnt grounded properly so after a while i guess it did something to the deck. After using another deck the ground noise was COMPLETELY gone. Thanks!!

Thomahizo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys i got a problem with my ground i think.... i hooked up an amp and 2 subs in my car and it wasnt bumping like it should. When i got to messing around i found out when i take the ground wire off for a few seconds and ground it again it will bump loud like it should for a few seconds, then i will go back to hardly making any noise out of the subs.... i have tried diffrent grounds and everywere i try it the same thing happens... any one ever had this problem??
Thomahizo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah forgot to add... the subs are 600w rms and 1200 peak running bridged on a 900w jvc(piece of $h!t) amp... is the amp to small??
fastinanaurora 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

new problem when I turn on my fm modulator I get a lot of feed back through the interior speakers and when I turn on my interior neons I get feedback that makes it sound like I blew a speaker on when the car is started though...

What makes my car Bang:
Kicker KX 600.1 Mono amp (2004)
Kicker Solobaric L7 10 (2004)
Long Ported Box Single
Kicker 200.4 4 Channel(2004)
Kicker DX 60 6 1/2
Rockford Fosgate FRC3369 6x9
clubfed11 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I was using a mulitmeter on my car, and when i touch it to the +12 to my amp, after the fuse from the batterie, it gives me a reading of like 1volt. But before the fuse, it gives me a +12.
And how do i measure the ground? I was told to switch to OHM mode and touch the black to the ground, and the red to the same part, that dosen't sound right.
Thanks a lot guys.
uc10950 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
dont get so fancy yet. pull youre head out. on youre rcas ,take a short pice of  wire to the outside sheild ling , and ground it. i had the same sh*t and found my whyne problem when i was puting in my xm tuner . you canwork it from therei
clubfed11 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
are you reffering to me?
If so, I don't have a whine problem, I have a question about my +12 line and ground.
Page of 24

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic