icon

$10.00 to the right answer! Alarm Prob!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snmtazz 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

Took the passenger panel off and disconnected the solenoid(problem stayed),Disconnected both connections I found to the door latch(problem stayed), then I disconnected the module on the door for all the connections to the door and IT WORKED, No Problem! So the module has so many wires on it I have to narrow it down! ANy suggustions?? Look for a grounded wire or ???

Thanks,

Matt 

iguana3 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

Hi:

You should check the conector between the door and the kick panel, it may damaged, because you have disconnected all the alarm, and you still having problems, then re check caonnection by connection, that others mention, te diodes are for isiloate the pins, thats rigth, youe should connect it again in the same way.

Either, test inside the door, it may some wire was damaged.

Good Luck $10.00 to the right answer! Alarm Prob! - Page 2 -- posted image.

oscar bravo
kings
+52 (55) 5618 6159
mexico, df
snmtazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the problem! There are three plugs to the door latch, the top one (blue w/white stripe wire,orange wire and black wire) is the bad or signaling the bcm to turn on the dome light.

Can anyone tell me what that plug is for??? I unplugged it and can't find anything wrong or what it is for.
Thanks,
Matt

tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
Just shootin from the hip here, but if you are talking about the wires going the the door latch inside the door, then I am guessing that it is a dome light switch on the latch, and it has gone bad, or from what you said, you have door poppers, and they may be interfering with the switches operation.  Suggest testing the switch in the latch (assuming that it is what they go to) to see if it is bad.  One way to tell is unhook plug as stated and see if dome light functions.  If it wont come on with that door open, then the wires belong to that circuit.  Good luck.
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
ok, can someone catch me up to speed here??????
im hoping to get lunch money for work.....lol
what the truck doing??????
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
snmtazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Birdman! I unplugged one of the three wire connections connected to the latch and it stopped the problem. I just want to know what that plug is for because I can not find any reason for it.

I ordered a new latch so hopefully that will do it!

Any GM guys that can tell me what it's for or that have a diagram for S10s...

Thanks.

Matt 

heightz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
I have been having the same problem on my 01 Bravada, so I checked everything that you have from reading this forum and mine is still doing it. I unconnected both front doors at the connector behind the door panel and no luck, so mine must not be the door latch like yours. I tested the wires at the bcm and cannot find any of them that are showing ground when the doors are shut. I have disconnected my hornet remote starter and still having the problem. Anyone else have any idea on what could make the domelight stay on. I have noticed that the factory security light never goes off when the ignition is not on. It usually goes off after about 15 seconds after locking the doors but it stays on now. Also the radio doesn't stay on after the ignition is turned off like it used to, until a door handle was opened. So I thought it would be a door pin or latch that was the problem but no luck. Please if anyone has any ideas let me know and I will match the original $10 for the right answer. Sorry for the novel but I don't know what else to check and I know if I take it to the dealer they are going to tell me that something was hooked up wrong on the remote starter.
snmtazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

OK I GOT IT!!!! It was the solenoid, after popping the door open, the solenoid would release the latch but it was to tight. So it was not releasing it all the way. So the sensor on the latch was not fully released because the cable on the solenois was to tight!! WOW all this and that was it!!  Birdman does your answer qualify?????

Matt   

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic