2003 Accord & Prestige APS 996A

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spooken 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
searched around and found nothing on it. I have Prestige APS 996A installed on my 4-cylinder 03 Accord. It was installed when I left the States for business assignments a couple months ago. I'm still out of the country as of now. Just a couple of days ago, my friend who has been taking care of the car told me that the remote keeps sounding off every few minutes. Just yesterday, the car was brought in for a maintenance and the service guy told him that there was some cable from the alarm system that coils around one of the 4 cylinders and he said the alarm installer should know better than to coil some 'foreign' cable around the cylinder. The service guy also said such thing would make the car's computer go kaput.
The question I'd like to ask, is it necessary for the alarm system to hook a cable to one of the cylinders like I just said? Does anyone know what kind of customer protection exists in California that, just in case, I might need to get some compensation to get the on-board computer fixed?
Any input is greatly appreciated ^-^. Go easy on me for stuff I don't understand, I'm a newbie.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
First, that cable is the TACH INPUT cable, and it cannot damage the computer because it is an INPUT and not an OUTPUT cable.  As I had experience with dealerships, they will always try to blame it on the installer because they get more money for fixing it.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
that wire is green with a orange tracer on it .It's supposed to be hooked up to one of the uncommon colors on the coil or fuel injector it is an input and NOT an output no kind of current or voltage comes out of this wire and for that said there is NO WAY POSSIBLE IT CAN CAUSE ANY FEED BACK INTO THE COMPUTER your service advisor is full of $#@t  if u know what i mean I've been in this industry for over 11 years and all dealers come out with all kinds of blames toward any aftermarket upgrade.............Later,
AudioPro111
spooken 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
daniel2002p & audiopro111,
Thanks a lot for your replies so far. They somewhat ease my worries but uncalled alarm sound-off every once in a while still worries me. This morning at 5am (California time), my friend told me the alarm went off. I've already asked him to take picture of the part where the service guy told where the concern is. I'm going to drive the car to Ohio when I get back next month and will only have a week or so in Calif before I go on the long trip. I just don't want the car to go kaput in the middle of nowhere later.
Will keep you updated with pictures later.
audiopro111 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
you got it.
AudioPro111
fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
As for the remote sounding off every few minutes they do that when the battery in the remote is low.
Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
audiopro111 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
alarm sounds off frequently because : battery in vehicle is low so once alarm sees a voltage drop it thinks someone is trying to brake in , reason #2 is because shock (impact) sensor is set to high, reason #3 is because one of the doors or trunk is not closed securely and thinks a door is being opened, reason #4 is if a microwave sensor was installed (motion) usually an option for extra $$$$ is set to sensitive any time anyone walks by vehicle it'll go off, reason #5 is if you have a second remote within the area of vehicle and is accidently being depressed it will set off alarm...........reason #6 is whoever installed it did a S**TTY job   hopefully it wasn't that because that just means DO OVER TIME!!!!. 
AudioPro111
spooken 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Ok guys,
just got the photos a couple hours ago. The cable I mentioned is the green one that goes into what I guess you guys called the 'engine block'? Do I need to worry or anything? It seems alright now as my friend's not complaining about alarm sounding off every now and then anymore. Weird but worrying symptoms. The installer can't seem to be reached for this past week (either the shop was always closed from the 3 times my friend went and no reply to my email yet)
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys for the inputs so far.
2003 Accord & Prestige APS 996A -- posted image.
2003 Accord & Prestige APS 996A -- posted image.
spooken 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
Weird...previous post can't show the photos. Here they are again:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Btw, I'll be travelling again for a week. I'll try to keep you posted often enough.
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Well he did a crappy job of making it neat.  Looks like he tapped into a fuel injector, under that cover.  That is one way of getting the tach signal.  Probably not why the alarm is going off.  Check the sensitivity on the shock sensor.

Good luck!

Tim

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic