icon

Audiobahn Haters!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

I guess this guys on a budget.  But he probably got a loud system.  I'm with medicate.  A system with a budget is much better done with other brands instead of Audiobahan.  If you want all bling and no boom... yeah chrome now sounds really good.  But a chromed turd plays exactly like it smells.

And no gain?  That's strange to me too. 

amiyourmystery 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

I haven't found a problem with runing audiobahn and I consider myself a fan of earthquake and the "real" lanzar (before they hooked up with pyle).  I have the same 3 amp by earthquake since 1993-1994 and only one died or about to a couple of weeks ago which I'll try to send to earthquake and get repaired (can't find an authorized service rep who will be able to get parts to fix). 

Back to audiobahn.....I have their speakers and subs in my ford explorer for past 2-3 yrs without replacing any of it.  I have 2pr of 3-1/2's and 2pr of 5X7's and 1pr AW1000Q.  The subs are on a Kole Q1-2400 and Kole Q4-960.  And I did go though and authorized dealer here in Albany, GA who can get the speakers for $50.00 pr and the subs about 125-175 a pair.  You can go to Audiobahn's website and pull up their list of authorized dealers and you'll find "Tune Town" listed which is what I do for any brand I plan to use so that I do get the warranty.  I checked E'bay and they do have cheap prices but not cheap shipping, plus for about the price you pay off of ebay you can go to an authorized dealer and pay the same price plus you'll be able to take it right back to them in the local area instead of shipping it off and having to pay postage going and coming.  Don't make since to order off of E'bay unless you can be sure to get a $500 for $150 to include shipping costs...you'll just have to cross your fingers and hope you don't receive crap or get ripped off.

archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
if you think a sub in a prefab box sounds great, your point of refernce needs to be expanded
boxmaker85 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

LOL archemedes good point.  Prefabs are for best buy people.

Hey amiyourmystery, all my roomies are from Albany.  I'll pm you and see if you know them.

spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

i would respond to you guys but damn, yall tore this thread up. oh well my friend is happy with it and so am i.

blah blah blah blah
boxmaker85 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I guess that's what's important.  But just a fyi there are better (much better but...) out there.  Just my opinion though.
spootydlux4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
boxmaker, i couldnt agree with you more, there is a lot better than audiobahn out there and ill probly never go with audiobahn, ill stick to my alpine. but my friend was on a budget and found a good deal on those so he bought em. i just wanted people to know that they sounded pretty damn good.
blah blah blah blah
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
My 2 cents..........A neighbor has 2 - 12" Audiobreaks.....I mean Bahns. He's had them in the car for about 4 months and so far no "break". The Damn things do get loud as hell but the bass is all muddy kinda distorted. I tried to tweak the gains and volumes and such but no luck cleaning them up. You cant Polish a Turd. Im glad you friend is Happy and thats what counts , now take your friend to the next Usaci event to open his eyes and ears when you can.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
bumpingjeep 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

Rushman wrote:
You cant Polish a Turd.

unfortunately i'm going to have to disagree with you this time rushman...i had two twelve inch jbl gtis running off a crown 2200.1 for about two years...they died and as i just bought my fiances ring i didn't have money to get the dd 3500s that i want...a friend gave...gave me a pair of audiobahn sound q's...i built a box for them...bout 5.5 cubic feet tuned to about 32hz and they don't sound bad at all...so you can polish a turd...but lets be real...its still just a polished turd...while they dont sound bad...they don't sound 300 bones a piece good...but for free...i'm happy

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
.hopefully to end this topic, its great when the forum decides to post on a certain topic but people lets be real everybody has feelings and they don't need to get hurt when they are mearly trying to share their joy or to get help. Helping the forum is great, trying to get a person to buy 1 company over another due to some personal preference is also just dandy but to critique some ones system and what they could get is another story every1 should know what pride they have in their system and its like steping on them to call their system sh*t. it would be real nice if every1 would take this into thought when they are posting and try to keep their posts positive and less threating.
Ketel
Quad L Handyman services
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic