icon

Low End Audio Experiences

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
anyone had any experience (good/bad) with volfenhag, alphasonik, kole audio, pyle, pyramid? Just want to see the public opinions...
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
nychris2004 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

2 words....

Nothing Good

Lol i bought this pyramid amp for $40 it was like 600 watts rms or sumthin i wanted to see how long it would last..i wired it to 8 ohms, turned everything all the way up, didnt last 15 minuted before there  was smoke and tha smell of a fried amp...didnt even blow the fuse lol.

JVC HU
Rockford 501bd (500 watt rms)
Rockford Hx2 Rf2212 (1)
Kenwood 6969 (4)
---If You Learn Something New Everyday And Teach It To Someone Else, Everybody Would Still Be Dumb As Hell!---
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Fantastic! anymore?
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

My friend had a Pyramid 1000W amp that couldn't blow a couple of 200W peak Rockford Fosgate speakers, heh. I had a couple of Pyramid 12" subs a while ago that put out less bass than my 6x9"s do now (I blew those subs rather quickly)

2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
This is great to hear! Anyone done the wall socket test?
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Normally in any industry you get what you pay for. Car audio is no different so if you buy cheap equipment, I wouldn't expect a whole lot. Although admittingly I have heard some low end stuff that really didn't sound all that bad for the price.
"I'd send you a paypal for a dollar if you could send me a picture of a Pyramid/Pyle subwoofer plugged into an electrical socket... I just love watching crap explode."
By the way I will paypal you two dollars if you send me a video of ANY "normal" subwoofer plugged into an electrical outlet that doesn't fry..
Mike
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think Alphasonik should be on that group. I don't even think it's fair for the others brands that you named to be there with Pyramid. I mean Pyramid is so bad that they have no equal. You are talking about a company that makes an amp and intead of using transistors they use small two channel amps ( like the ones inside head units) and call it a 500 watts amp. Or make a 125x2 rms amp and call it a 1000 watts amp(you are lucky if you get 50rms with 20% thd).

The subs on the other hand are great to sell at  flea markets (buy a 10inch for $8 and sell it for $40-$50).

boostedcivic 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah pyramid is the only one one that list that I have had any direct experience with. A friend told me had ordered two 12" subs and a 1000 watt amp. I was asking him the specs and he said that the RMS wasn't listed. I was like man if it doesn't give RMS you most likely got screwed. Well about a week later I got a phone call and I was right he got screwed. He paid something around 400 dollars for utter pieces of crap. the amp fed the subs so much distortion that the gain was down to like zero and there was constant clipping. Stick with reputable brands, Myself I only like to deal with name brands because if an unexperienced customer comes in and trys to buy that low end crap thinking that it will "thump" and argues to have it installed, when and if I do install it I have to put up with their disapointment. Thats just my thought on the topic.

Jason

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
That is so fantastic. What is your opinion on alphasonik then bdl666? And by the way, the wall socket hasn't blown a 18'' MMATS juggernaut that i saw a guy try it out with. It isn't your regular normal subwoofer though lol. God i love crappy audio to screw around with!
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
  I think you can call Alphasonik low high end. I whould compare their quality with that of Rockford and JBL( this is my personal opinion based on experience with them)
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic