icon

System on a Tight Budget

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meef 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
did you get your CVL-6ks for under $135? thats what im gettin my Kappas for..
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

uthink,

You keep missing my point.  I don't care that you make recommendations or have an opinion. That's great!  Everyone here does.  Seriously, keep it up. 

My point is this:   Don't make sweeping statements like, "x is ALWAYS better than y," without telling us WHY you think that way.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
I did, i said by personal preference. I said that there are always better out there, and i listed them. I said what i was looking for from mine, and that is the WHY part of it. compared to Kappa's, the CVL's are a lot better for what i was looking for, and the Kappa's didn't even really cross my mind when i heard the Cadence's. To tell you the truth the only component I was comparing it with was the CDT HD-62, which is another fantastic component. I just like the cadence better because it was more in your face than laid back. No i didn't get my cadence's for under $135, but i got them significantly for less than their MSRP, which is $449-469. I got 2 sets of them for less than one set on MSRP. meef, get what you like. Your ears make the decisions. You are the one that is going to be listening to it every day not us, keep that in mind. Like i said before, infinity's have treated me well, just they are not anywhere near as good as my cadence's. I still recommend them though for a budget like yours though. I really like the Infinity Reference series, in particular the 652i, I used in in a 93' Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme and it cranked, especially for a coaxil. I like the 236is components as well from a/d/s, and you can find them for dirt cheap on ebay. They are not the best, but they are good for the money. I have always like a/d/s technology, especially the older models, and i still support them.

Let us know what you decide.

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
meef 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
as far as the subs/amp combo, im leaning more towards the TypeR's with a matching amp, or some 12" Infinity Kappas..needa look at the specs on em and find an amp that will compliment them well. the hx2s arent bad, but i just dont really care for the way RF sounds.   how do the TypeR's compare to TypeE's or TypeS's?
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

uthink:   Wonderful post.  I honestly liked that!   Keep that kind of post up man! 

I do appologize for being rude earlier, but I just get frustrated with people throwing around words like ALWAYS without disclaiming that it is your personal preference and explaining WHY.

Bad Post:   x product is not audiophile or good.  y product always beats x product.

Good Post:   I like y product better than x product.  In my experience / opinion y product is more forward than x, handles more power, etc.  I like that better.

Anyway, uthinku, I wish you peace, I'm just trying to to avoid a situation where everyone on the board starts telling people that their products are always better without giving an explanation.  Like I said, that last post was great. Keep it up.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
The type R's are decent-good all the way around. As a combo, they are good, as individuals they are decent. In my opinion one makes the other sound good and vice versa. I would suggest the type R's over the E's and Ss, just because i think it has more meat on it than the others. What i mean by meat is that it hits harder and has a fuller bass feeling than the others. The E's and S's really feel like "lightweights" I guess you could say and the type R's are the "middleweights". In case your wondering, the Type X's would be the heavyweights for alpine. That is such a shame though you don't like how fosgates sound, but everyone has their own ears! Let us know what you decide!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

LOL you guys are great!!!!!  (uthink and kfr01).  Just got my daily dose of comedy!  Yeah Kappa's are some really sweet subs.  You a curcuit city guy?  Yeah major discount on you for them.  (that's how i got mine).  Oh and IMO (for the record this is by a side by side comparison) my one Kappa 10" powered with 450 watts distroyed two rockford fosgate 10" (he2 i think was the model), two pioneer 12" (nothing to brag but...), a single jl 12" w0, and probably you're stuff uthink (well, let me rephrase that:  it will keep up with).  Read around this forum.  An instalation will make the biggest difference in sound.  I've heard two JL 13w7 destroy (in spl) four kicker 15L5 subs.  Shows it's all in the install. 

Those rockfords are good speakers.  But I would go with the Infinitys in the end.  Great sound with a great price tag (especially for you).  Good luck to you meef.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Well i would expect the w7's to kick the kickers buts if there were 15 kickers vs. 2 w7's, being that the w7 is a far better woofer than that L5 piece of junk. Letting you know, Kappa 10" can stand up to the HE2, but definitely not the HX2. HX2 is a lot better speaker. Pioneer has never impressed me besides a couple of head units. And letting you know, your rediculous if you think that one Kappa 10" can think of keeping up with my 2 Adire 12'' Brahma MK II. That is a no brainer.
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
no no no no...i got a bigger d..k...seriously boys...i also found you guys entertaining for a short period of time...but lets focus on meef here...if a pissing contest is needed...start another topic...hell... ill even join
meef 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
would i be better off going with a 12" brahma than 2 of the Alpine 12" TypeR's?
Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic