icon

My New System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hey why not put a record pleyer in there and have it sitiing on springs to keep it from skipping when the bass hits. 
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE]But will it keep the lights from dimming when the roof bumps?[/QUOTE] generator jimmy rigged to the wheels while your driving.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
while you all are having fun with all of your fancy things you might as well throw a good ol' 8-track player in there.
Quad L Handyman services
furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Or a reel to reel.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, you can really get the most out of an 8-track.  If the tape jams, you can still use the mile of tape out of the cartridge.  Just criss-cross it back and forth over your 32-inch roof sub and voila!  You've got one helluva planar transducer.  That'll sound SWEET when it hits!
chris_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
haha this forum is too much
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

lmao

Anyone ever seen a car with audioblings 32" sub in it..and it works.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't get that Audiobahn 34'' AWXT or whatever. If you want to go extremely high quality with low lows and good all around bass, you can't beat a PYLE Super Pro 18''. Mount 2 of these on your roof by ductaping the magnet to it, and cut a 2x4 in half to brace it. Hook 8 more up in the trunk, put 4 in the back seats, and 2 in your passenger seat, as well as one under your glove compartment. Run it off of that audiobahn amp (which i heard is the best - beat Zapco and US Amps by like 50 dbs..) And you should hit around 190.5 db's no problem, and that his just at RMS. If you even want to get higher, try that crazy PYLE or PYRAMID amp, those are the best!!! <0.00000000001% THD. Remember, the more chrome you add the better it will sound! Melt solder and put it where you can to blend in too! It makes you hit harder! Oh, and put kleenex in your doors to deaden them, as well as used tissues for polyfill in your box. They work great! Good luck!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
actually with those pyle super pros. your best bet is to mount them with the surround on the roof of your car, and use a silicon to seal it off. if you power it right the subs will actually create more SPL by pushing up their own weight. what happens is sound you'll never hear from a sub mounted in those pathetic MDF or Fiberglass enclosures.
but your method works wonders if your trying to go for SQ
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
"does the chrome make it sound better??" - random kid in car toys
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
My New System - Page 3 -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic