AVIC-N1 Installers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Clay0011 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-N1 and I am not experienced whatsoever with installing any kind of car electronics, so I have an install date scheduled with Tweeter on January 1st.  I asked them if they could ground the E-brake wire or whatever so I could have the video playing while the car was in drive, they said they couldn't since they were a corporate backed company.  My question is if I were to have them install it could i find the wire and do this myself fairly easy? If not does anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area know of a place that would be willing to do the install and take care of the e-brake wire as well?

Thanks for your help,

-Clay

actionjackson 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

yes, even thought it is against the law, it is fairly easy to do, since im assuming you will be using this for show purposes only, i will tell you how.  on the wire harness on the back of the avicn1 there will be 2 black wires(ground), and there will be a light green wire(ebrake wire), you will have to disconnect it from  the parking brake they hook it up to and connect that wire to one of the black ground wires. just be careful driving and watching a movie is very dangerous

Clay0011 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks a ton, I dont plan on watching the movies while I just want people in my car to see AVIC-N1 Installers -- posted image..

-Clay

wilsonck 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Clay0011 wrote:

Hi all,

I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-N1 and I am not experienced whatsoever with installing any kind of car electronics, so I have an install date scheduled with Tweeter on January 1st.  I asked them if they could ground the E-brake wire or whatever so I could have the video playing while the car was in drive, they said they couldn't since they were a corporate backed company.  My question is if I were to have them install it could i find the wire and do this myself fairly easy? If not does anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area know of a place that would be willing to do the install and take care of the e-brake wire as well?

Thanks for your help,

-Clay

Thats funny.  I just had my AVIC-N1 installed by Sound Advice, owned by Tweeter, and I did not have to ask to have mine bypassed.  They just installed it that way.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
The corprate answer for such a question is obviously going to be NO, but its gonna come down to the individual installer as alot of them will do it anyways because they can obviously just deny the whole thing and say you changed it if anything ever comes of it.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
slammedb5 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
I always install AVIC's with brake wire grounded. If not, customers come back and complain that they can't nav while they drive.
EK Civic
security
no audio
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
at the shop i used to work at i did like two or three in dash units in the first week. they all came back and i thought my boss was gonna fire me. "my tv dont work dog" no one told me that i was supposed to bypass the safety features. in my area i only know of one place that actually hooks them up correctly
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
It's all fun and game until someone gets hurt. Let just say there is a car crash and someone is badly hurt. Investigator finds out the cause of the accident was related to maybe some distraction like cellphone or maybe watching DVD. Further into the investigation they found out that it wasn't the cell phone but it was the distraction from the DVD unit. They find out that light green wire was grounded . Unfortnatly, the light green wire is not grounded to handbrake like it was suppost to. Going back to that someone badly hurt, well the family has request to take that person of lifesupport. I hope that someone wasn't me or one of your family or friends. I hope some of you get the drift. It is not a questions it this kinda stuff will happen but it just a matter of when this will happen. For all the professional install out there I think you guy hold a lot of responsiblity for preventing something like this from happening. Correct me if I am wrong.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.AVIC-N1 Installers -- posted image.
Clay0011 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

Okay I found the light green wire behind the unit in my dash, however from there i can't find where the wire is spliced into the brake wire.  I know its not in the e-brake because to watch dvds i only have to put my tahoe in park.  I drive a 2003 Z71 Tahoe so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

ichabodsteel 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

I have the Avic-n1, my problem is the accuracy with or without the speed sensor connected.  Its on a Toyota Sienna.  Anyone out there have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic