icon

AVIC-N1 Installers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
I only hookup the ebrake wire when customers are being a dick. I had one lady complain and got a kenwood indash with   seperate TV Tuner, and dedictated sirius installed for free so i took the extra few mins out of my life to be a ass and hook it up. She was PO'ed when she came to pick it up cause i told her the ebrake had to be on to watch movies, I gave her the whole legality crap about mobile videos running in view of the driver while in motion then sent her on her way and told her if they wire is bypassed she voided her warranty on the entire install (writting that on the invoice of course). I just like to call it "installer revenge"
slammedb5 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 5:04 AM / IP Logged  
Ichabodsteel, accuracy in what? Location, speed? If your loc is messed up, check your ant or your reciver box. Is it mounted flat, with less then 10 degrees variation on either side? Is your ant 6 inches from window (I know it sounds gay, but per Pioneer instructions). Vehicle Dynamics has nothing to do with GPS, so if speed is off or not present, VSS is not hooked up. This will NOT affect GPS location. Check your sh!t before you drop bombs on AVIC N1.
EK Civic
security
no audio
CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
My AVIC is right on par with my Garmin iQue when I check the speeds, and I never hooked the VSS up. I call myself lucky :)
I had bad credit. Anyone have any they can loan me? lol
TazExprez 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
At my shop we always install all flip out TV's so that it can be viewed at all time.  Customers would get very pissed if we didn't.
surftribe 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
I grounded the green wire from the avh-p6600dvd to a black wire and also the green wire from the avic-88d the dvd works when driving and the GPS works but some of the featurs such as the destiation feature where you enter an address will not work. Any one have any idea what I need to do to get this working? I have installed this in a 97 taheo
surf tribe
CharlzO 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
The address search only works when you have the Navigation DVD in the unit
slammedb5 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  

"I have the Avic-n1, my problem is the accuracy with or without the speed sensor connected.  Its on a Toyota Sienna.  Anyone out there have any suggestions?  Thanks"

VSS on the N1 won't really help your accuarcy problems. N1 uses GPS for location,  GPS uses satellite positioning, so if itsoff, try a new location for the ant. VSS is used for vehicle dynamics on N1.

EK Civic
security
no audio
CharlzO 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
^^ agreed. Where do you have the antenna positioned? Mine is located at the base of my windshield. It rarely gives me any problems with accuracy. But you may need to find a different mounting location for the antenna.
kcjames215 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
My N1 is off too.  I have the VSS wired correctly and the GPS antenna is on the back roof of the car.  Intersections are off.  Everything that deals with NAV is off.  My speed accuracy is perfect.  Please advise.
05 Nissan Altima 35SE
2 12" Solo's
Pioneer AVIC-N1
Chrome Z Grill
Rossco000 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1999 Jeep Gr Cherokee Ltd and had te avic installed by Best Buy, as an employee they were even more adimate about not bypassing teh parking brake as it was.  I searched the net and found this site told me how.  It was easy enough.  I even installed a switch to to turn the functionality on and off, just in case i ever get pulled over.  It was very easy, just run a line into the switch that would normally be going to the brake then run the ground from the switch into the ground.  On it will make the dvd run, off it gives the standard message abot video veiw while drivig is prohibited.  Any rocker switch from Radioshack does the job perfectly.  I nestled the switch inside my center console.
The Dude Abides....
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic