icon

Pyle audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rongant 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

Some of you sound like you would be the time to say that Honda Civics and Toyota Tercels (for examples) are Crappy cars.  Well the idea is, that they work, and they work good.  They are reliable, and basic modes of transportation (I mean just basic onces, not hopped up ricers).  I think the same goes for sound, where as I prefer to buy something that works, and for that matter, is guaranteed, for much less than you are saying.  Speaking of EBAY??? I got 2x 10" 700Watt Pyramid subs, PLASTIC cone (can't put your finger through it at all) and Thick rubber surround... total price: $21 US funds.  That's for BOTH of them...

Let's see how close of a deal you can come to that!

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
...........lol,  why do you want to come into this forum and make that kind of impression??  Just stick around, hang loose, take the edge off, and read posts and replies for a couple of months here.  There are some, actually a lot, of expert people giving up some of their time on this forum.  You'll learn a lot.  I did.
rongant 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  

I did say in an earlier post in the thread that I was appreciative for the knowledge.

I just think that some people expect everything to be COMPETITION level, and that anything less is not worth it... well at the price, Pyramid IS worth it.

I will not go so far as to say the other brands are worth it, as I have not used them, but I would be curious as to how many people that talk so much trash about these low end models have actually owned them, as opposed to just making up stuff and jumping the hating bandwagon.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have owned them and so have my wall sockets. Those subs can maybe handle half of that power rating if they are even decent. They are way overrated, pieces of junk. Terrible built quality, and will most likely blow on you soon. Maybe you should upgrade. $21 is crap clearly, so maybe if you spend double that you can get some Fosgate punch Z series and have a decent system. Pyle and Pyramid are absolute crap. Its not snobbery, its the truth. You know there is something wrong when you can get a 1000 watt sub for $25 and a 1400 watt amp that probably can't produce 200 clean for $30.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
if you are looking for a low end sub i would only go as low as lanzar the sound ok and can handel lots of power, but if your looking for a sub for 20.00 well i guess i would go with legacy, they can handle some power but not much either. im just going out on a lim  with some of the cheap subs that i have tried to destroy in the past. lots of companies used to be good then they go to crap.ex. in 1995 lanzar could not be beat they were the best of the best, now i think pymarid bought them out for the name.crap,crap,crap
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Wheeler proves an excellent point. Anyone remember the old a/d/s ? That was the real deal then when directed bought them out they just went on the decline. Same thing with soundstream. Legacy and lanzar are low, but i'd recommend them if you only have $20 to work with...which is pretty sad...but hey, everyone has there budget. I still think you should save to upgrade to Cerwin Vega or Fosgate.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
There's something else. See, in my neck of the woods we can't get wheeler products. I've heard of it, but we don't have any stores around heree that sell the stuff. My Pyramids are hooked up to a Boss 850 watt, and I guess the auddio angels are smiling down on me, cause it runs quite nicely. But it is time for all that equipment to go away now, because I got my new Planet Audio stuff for chistmas. A pair of VC12D 12" subs, Apocalypse Series 500.4 Vortesx series 2250 Monoblock, Vortex Series 5 1/4 components, and 6x9's plus tons of new street wires. One reason I went all Planet.........Went to a car show. The Planet Audio PT Cruiser was there and So was the Alpine Type R car. Parked right next to each other, and both systems were cranked up. If I couldn't see the Alpine car, I would have never known it was there. It was interesting, because I've been told PA has nothing on Alpine, well screw that.........
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

youre attempting to spend the budget of one new compact disc on a pair of subwoofers that you plan on yielding years of listening enjoyment. do the math, and dont sell yourself short! we tell you its crap, so that you can realize there is better stuff out there (at any budget), but $20, come on!!

simple things for simple minds i guess

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
how about this, it is kind of slow in my shop during the winter months in alaska, give me a solid budget scrap down deep so you will be happy. give me a budget let me know what you want to put the system in and i will give you some options, shipping included. let me know what you want ex. subs and an amp or whole system. you can send me a private message, this is for any one out there with a tight budget, to many forums out here for budget systems. this is a one time deal. i am opening up my self for a lot of work but if it will make you happy i will do it
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have been out of town for a few days due to christmas and just got on here and saw the topic name and Kinda laughed about it because I am in the majority and think that pyrimid, legacy, boss, Power Acoustic, legacy and the like are junk. Are they the best at their level, I guess so, but sh*t in a gold box is still sh*t at the end of the day. Now saying that, I remeber something that forbidden said before and that is that the best equipment is the one that makes the customer happy, or something to that effect. If you have your pyrimid or legacy or whatever and you are happy with it, then regardless of what we tell you we arent going to change your mind. We can post THD ratings and actual rms ratings and efficency ratings and just about anything else but you arent going to care so I am not going to try. Enjoy your stuff and  hope you have better success with it than everyone else I know who has it.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic