icon

Pyle audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
I had loads of success with it Ravendarat :) ... The cone flew off and the driver caught fire! That was with a PYLE PG12 lol.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I deal with this stuff all the time. I am the only one in my school who knows anything about car audio (no boasting, its the sad truth). Other kids think they are the shiz with their pyramid, visonik and sony products. I try to set them in the right direction, but they usually dont get what im saying untill they hear my system. Which is nothing to speak of cimpared to what most of you guys have, but still contains quality products.
If all the stores nearby only sell pyramid, pyle etc. (and a truer version of hell I cant imagine) then buy online!! You can find products twice as good for the same price. And if we are going to compare subs to cars, I would say pyle and the rest of the bottom of the barrel crap would compare well to a yugo, or a pinto...unreliable, poor performers and prone to blowing up.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Visonik makes crap woofers but they make decent amps! So we can't be too hard on them. I actually have been entertained by one in a friends car, that class T series thing and it sounded pretty darn good! No joking, it actually sounded like it was worth what he paid for it. He had it hooked up to some MTX woofers so it all came out on top. Nothing with pyramid is good. It can only lead to the corruption of your soul and wallet as well lead you into your ultimate mental demise from it having a breakdown or your central core overloading and suffering a supreme meltdown (thanks George Lucas)... Remember, adire is your father. Search your bank account, you know it to be true.

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
The old school Visonik amps are sweet. The really long 3000watt ones kick some serious ass. But the ones im talkin about come in a set with 2 subs for like $100 at pep boys. They look sort of like jensen amps.
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  
speaking of pyramid. Remember a few months ago when i told you about a guy that won a sound off with 6 15 inch squares. I bought me two 15 inch squares off ebay for 99 shipped. I had them in a prefab sealed enclosure that was made for 2 15 inch kicker squares and i was running them off of my jbl 1200.bp 1 amp. They were nice and loud. Then i decided i wanted my eclispe 15's back in. So i decided to switch subs. So i put my 2 15 inch eclispe in and i noticed a difference right away. I though i was loud boy did them eclispe put them to shame real quick off the same amp. Point of the story is it made be loud at the time but i bet if you changed to higher end subs you will notice the difference right away cause with me it was like night and day and i have had plenty of systems going from rockford to mtx to jl audios. Just about everything and i know pyramid is cheap but it works good until you switch to higher end brands and you will never go back.
goingcrazyonsound
rongant 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  

ya know wut 'skylark' - that's the SMARTEST and best post in this thread...

I'm not saying pyramid is the best, but that they work, and that for the money, and my level of involvement with car stereo's, they do JUST FINE... If I ever blow my 300wat Pyramid amp, or my MTX6104 then I'll probably get something bigger off ebay or something better etc, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motif...

in terms of my car itself however, there ARE a few things that are broke that could use some financial attention, muffler, shocks, winter tires Pyle audio - Page 4 -- posted image.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
I think your post was by far the DUMBEST rongant, as well as your other posts you have done. Listen to what we are saying here. You can do way better than pyramid for about the same money. It will make a night and day difference. Throw that crap away or put it in your closet and just buy new woofers! For god sakes you can get this rockford fosgate punch Z for $12 right now ( http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=39774&item=5739668191&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) and that will smoke that pyramid easily. Upgrade, its worth it!
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio, what I think he is saying, underneath it all, is that for his level of audio involvement, there are more important things for him to worry about than upgrading his audio gear. What he has now does the trick, so it's not much of an issue.

But, to say that his posts are the dumbest is just a little too much. Maybe you should step back and let cooler heads take care of rongant, rather than you bashing him for not seeing things your way. You are not helping matters here or in any other threads were you personally attack people for not "listen(ing) to what we are saying here."

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
rongant 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio - I can just see it... X-mas morning: "Merry xmas Bro, here's somebody's used equipment with no warranty at all".

I think I'll take something with a 2 year warranty over something with a ZERO SECOND warranty...

I assume you must know this guy? what, ... do you get 10% if you help him sell it?!?!

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

If Pyramid or Pyle works for you thats fine...keep it. All we are trying to say is that you could have done better for the money (and we arn't saying you have to use ebay to do so).

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic