the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Noise Ordinance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

If we let 16 year old kids on the road then they should be held to the same standards as other drivers.

The license grants them the ability to drive but also vests with them the duty to obey laws related to their new ability.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

chucksnee wrote:
Why do people try to get out of a ticket? Its the law! Just adhere to it! Stop trying to get around the law!
You can talk about how many Harley's have been pulled over for there exhaust, but i'm will to bet not that many, just for the simple fact that THEY ARE WITHIN THE LAW!! Go figure? They have exhaust the law requires an exhaust, they have it. It's your little finger that turns the volume way up so you can be heard.
(kinda like the parents who are sueing the gun maker for making the gun who killed the son)
That is what is wrong with the world today! So many people try to get over on THE LAW, If more people would just use it the way you are suposed to and stop trying to get around it, we would not be paying some of the insurance that people pay now!
Before anybody starts complaning i have a descent system and i drive on an Army base alot where the rule is 25 ft and i have yet to get a ticket! WHY BECAUSE I KNOW THE LAW AND I TURN IT DOWN!

Here is why I choose to fight all tickets I get,

First off almost every Traffic law in some form or another in this country is archaic, they no longer serve a purpose as it relates to the 21st century
Cars have gotten faster, music is louder and pollution is here to stay and lawmakers just dont understand this
I also fight all of my tickets because I like to win and I hate our goverment its that simple

So theres my take on it

---Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Just because cars have gotten faster doesn't mean you should drive faster. Its not safe and I think thats where most noise ordinance laws come from. Other than being a nusance, it is not safe to drive with it as loud as people do. I know someone will disagree, but you can't cocnentrate as much as you need to when the music is bluring your vision. Like I said, someone is gonna say "Yes I can." but people say the same thing about driving drunk. I do agree though that most traffic tickits are more about revenue than anything. Traffic cops have become armed tax collectors. We NEED people to fight tickits even if they deserve them, because if we all just sit back and say "sure why not osifer" we would end up with even more ridiculous laws.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
kfr01 
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

I'm glad people like you don't rule the country.  "The situation is dangerous and ugly - let's not even try to fix it."

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
WOW... did *I* open it up... sh*t, I won't do THAT again LOL (or not LOL)
I didn't WANT to get into a big ol' political thing, here... I was just offering some tried advice...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01, who were you refering to? Is that what I said? Well I didn't mean to. I was tring to say its dangerous and ugly but in fixing it you can't allow "The Man" to do just whatever.
haemphyst, It's good adivce. And it struck up a very intersting conversation.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

People like who? I'm assuming in reference to chuck...

Also, Nik, I'm not suggesting that I'm gonna go around with all 1100wRMS pumping in my subs and the 75wRMSx4 into my interiors. That's just, well, I like my hearing, and the way my ears are setup it is annoying enough to hear things over other noises. (Human voices are very complicated to hear for me if there is certain frequencies of sound or levels around it, like, impossible, yet in perfect silence I ehar them from a great distance.) Now if some little p***k pulls up acting like, sorry, a fool, then I'll make the point and be done. But for the most part my subs are for me, I like to feel that boom go through me.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
kfr01 
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

I was referring to skolds.  You snuck in there before I posted.  I was criticizing Skold's post and attitude.

Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Back to the topic at hand, there is no real noise violation here in Murfreesboro, TN. I have never heard of anyone being pulled over for being to loud.
Paul
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

I was referring to skolds.  You snuck in there before I posted.  I was criticizing Skold's post and attitude.

Im touched.. Im just a bitter old man thats been burned by the goverment to many times

but im more a The situation is dangerous and ugly lets just blow up even more

I have to fight always to the end even if im wrong, I never give up anything less and I would no longer be myself let alone human anymore

Its all good though, I might hate our goverment and officals but I still love the principle this country was founded on

Take it easy

--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic