icon

re xxx vs. adire bramha

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone done a side by side comparison, would like to hear from stephen on this.    I am looking for a oponion because we are looking for new subs and need something to be extreamly clean in the right box for street use, and extreamly loud in a box for SPL.     looking to get 3 12 inch subs, each one will be running off its own Kicker KX1200.1     
I am thinking about getting a lightning audio 50 farad cap to keep up with the amps    HAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA    just kidding.    
We have the power for burps running this setup for SPL,   for Daily driving I will have 2 Kicker KX1200's strapped to provide a total of 3000 watts.     we probably will just run 2 subs on the street but you never know!   
Really just looking for some comparisons on the subs,   
Stephen help me out if you have any write ups or anything on the new bramaha's
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

Between those subs and the uses you are looking at, I would recommend the XXX as it is harder to break, but require a larger enclosure.  From our linup, I would suggest instead the Tumult subs.  They will hold up much better than the Brahma would in SPL.  Our true SPL sub will be the Maelstrom, but they won't have the SQ capability of any of the other subs mentioned.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Samt18 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Steven, do you know when the new lineup for Adire is coming out?  Thanks.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
stephen I have ventured through the adire site, and in the car audio sit there is nothing about the sub lineup.   What gives?   WHOA!!!!   I just check before I made a fool of myself, you guys updated the page yea!   I have some reading to do now.      So you would recommend the tumult?     Will they really be able to stand up againt the XXX in SPL?     I am looking really for a Comp grade sub, that I can use on the side.    if it comes down to it we can use the Eclipse's but 145-150db just isnt going to cut it come world finals time.   Let me know if you have any other advice or suggestions
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
hmmm...now I'm considering a Brahma 12D4 now....
Ok, it says power rating is 1000 watts....If I have an amp that pushes 550 watts RMS, it it gonna work?? (basically, is that a 1000 watts max or 1000 watts RMS)
Thanks!!
-Drew
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Those prices are discurageing re xxx    vs.    adire bramha -- posted image.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I think those prices are right in line with what they should be. Yes, the Tumult line is expensive --- it should be! Show me another subwoofer on the market those specs. (pssst, there isn't one). RE? Look at the difference in fs. A full 10hz+ lower. These are some subs capable of very -very- VERY deep bass. Wow, I mean, model these Tumults out. Sealed with very little EQ .. or ported in a large box, we're talking -3db around 20hz, anechoic.
The Tumult line is designed to be the best in SQ and SPL. I think that price is competitive for what it actually is.
This is why they set up the price structure how they have. Folks want cheaper? They can go Koda or Brahma without losing almost any SQ... The new Brahmas are also nearly 10hz lower with the fs. Very nice. I just want to point out that in sealed boxes these f3 numbers are below almost all other car audio subwoofers I've seen. Very nice!
I'm think the new specs and pricing structure is great and makes a lot of sense.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

I have never seen a graph like the one i got after plotting up the Tumult 12! BEAUTIFUL!

1 cu.ft sealed, or 1.5cu.ft ported were both smooth as butter.

Thats the first woofer i have seen where the graph actually looks better ported!

Anywho..time to save up....and change my system design AGAIN... uggh it never ends

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, the 12" Brahma's f3 when ported is pretty nice. I still like the idea of a 10" comfortably tuned to 21hz in a 1ft^3 box. Awesome. I may be a Brahma owner whenever these things hit the street.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
sinistar 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

I hadn't seen the new specs and prices so I checked it out.  Nice to see the site updated and hopefully prepping for the release of the new lineups. Looking at the prices, I do think they are a little high, but you pay for what you get and I believe they will be worth every cent. I also noticed that it is an MSRP, so there is a chance they could be a little lower. I don't know many places that sell equipment at retail cost, so I'm hoping this stands true here as well.

Looking at the specs I hope the new Brahma 10's will work in my small sealed enclosure as they describe. If I can get away with using my existing box I would be the happiest man alive. Save me a couple hundred right there which would help pay for my subs. Paired with my diamond 1200.1, the 10D4's sound like a perfect fit for me. nice.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic