Another unfair comparison by MTX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/TXC.CFM 

Just another comparison where MTX stretches the truth. It looks like a bunch of teenagers wrote up the review also...

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Im a teenager and I could definatly write a better review then that!! I would never trust a head to head review from a company that made one of the products. I say all other car audio companies are shut down, after all MTX has the "best" subs, amps and speakers, so whats the point of any other companies making products??
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

pimpincavy wrote:
Im a teenager and I could definatly write a better review then that!! I would never trust a head to head review from a company that made one of the products. I say all other car audio companies are shut down, after all MTX has the "best" subs, amps and speakers, so whats the point of any other companies making products??

Ok... it sounds like ten year olds wrote it. Another unfair comparison by MTX -- posted image.

MTX does make pretty good products but I dont like how they do their "head to head comparisons." 

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
I've never heard those MTX speakers, but I'd bet they wouldn't win MY head to head comparison against the Focals.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I saw that comparison in the newsletter I get from 12volt
I thought it was pretty rediculous whe I saw it in last month's newspaper
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Mtx makes good products at great prices, but they are certinly not the "best".
jdog0411 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I think MTX can get a little crazy sometimes. I like MTX amps, they make good stuff, but I laughed when I was reading the manual that came with my amp. In the section about troubleshooting potential problems, it had a line for "low output from subwoofers" and said  "problem: Not using MtX subwoofers. Solution: Buy MtX subwoofers"
2004 BMW 325ci.
Alpine CDA-9885
JL 300/4 and 250/1
JL XR 5.25 comps
Infinity Kappa Perfect 12
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
customsuburb wrote:

Ok... it sounds like ten year olds wrote it. Another unfair comparison by MTX -- posted image.

.............my 10 year old daughter is offended....

Another unfair comparison by MTX -- posted image.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
jdog0411 wrote:
"it had a line for "low output from subwoofers" and said "problem: Not using MtX subwoofers. Solution: Buy MtX subwoofers""
That's hilarious.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

I will say that their new components do look interesting.  I wouldn't mind hearing them.  So they made the tweeter diaphragm out of Chevron's gasoline aditive? Another unfair comparison by MTX -- posted image.

What I would rather see to give a more accurate comparison would be frequency response measurements for all including off-axis responses and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order distortion measurements.

So, now can we compare our mid to theirs? Another unfair comparison by MTX -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic