icon

Another unfair comparison by MTX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart - Chevron uses Tekron MTX uses Teteron.
(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, I know.  It was supposed to be a joke hence the Another unfair comparison by MTX - Page 2 -- posted image..

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
us_test wrote:
Steven Kephart - Chevron uses Tekron MTX uses Teteron.
And as long as we're splitting hairs here, that's "Techron©" Another unfair comparison by MTX - Page 2 -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well one thing is for sure. It's the preferred choice of true audiophiles.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
ACtually MTX makes some damn fine subwoofers. THey have an amazingly flat frequency response from ~35hx all the way up to ~1500hz.
Take a look at the pictures of those three mid bass drivers. If you take the color of the focal, the texture of the MTX, and the dust cap of the MB quart you get a B&WAnother unfair comparison by MTX - Page 2 -- posted image.
us_test 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

I think Focal and MB Quart (RF) should repsond to that comparison if they feel that MTX lied about anything (which they did not).  Did they make a comparison which shows off the different specs of their product (MTX) which are better than competitors, yes.  Was it setup to make MTX look like the better product, HELL YES (this is what marketing is all about, educating consumers on why they should buy from you, showing them the features which are better than the RF and MB).  Does this mean MTX is better, I don't know, I have not listened to them, but I will tell you this:  IF a cosumer has to choose between the 3 without being able to listen to them I'm pretty sure that they would go with MTX why: well MTX was able to ARTICULATE 10+ features which are better than the other 2.   They didn't just say "Come buy MTX for no particular reason just because you've heard of MTX", they were able to articulate features which are better thant the other 2 products.  So what do the other companies do they whine and complain that the features MTX showed do not make a better product and that their prodcut IS better (and guess what the FOCALs probably are better).  But I bet that a salesperson armed with this chart can sway away a lot of usual fans who heard from their friend that FOCAL of MB is the better choice (who knows even someone who owns FOCALs might be swayed) because they are building a case on hard data.  RF and FOCAL should create their own charts and show that the features MTX is showcasing are not important or that RF and MB do sound better (and show a list of features why).

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately most of those things that MTX listed as being better don't really make them better.
Example, Cone type. Pff, that means NOTHING. It is the end result that makes or breaks a driver, not the individual parts. I've heard paper coned drivers that could be characterized as very sharp and somewhaat shrill, and I've heard metal drivers that sounded somewhat dull.
us_test 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

That is a good point FOCAL or RF can make.  I'm into car audio.  I've installed HUs, amps, components, subwofers, made pods out of fiberglass but I don't know some of the details (what the differences are between aluminum and kevlar or whatever), and I'm sure you'd agree with me that if you do know all the terms they are talking about you already know which product is better without the chart.  But this chart is geared towards someone who is in car audio but does not have all the indepth knowledge to someone like that the chart looks really good.  A seasoned car audio fan  will just laugh at the chart and point out the problems with it.   MTX can afford to have the seasoned car audio community laugh at them about the chart because they know they are reaching and brainwashing the less knowledgeable masses (which make up 90% of their buying market).  Or the 9500 sub which took 100+ volts when the JL died long long before....now maybe the fact that the sub takes 100+ volts doesn't mean it is a good sounding sub but it seems to send the message "hey we can take more punishement, more power, we're built better then JL" and you know what JL does sound better.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic