icon

What to do about warranty

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Good thing I read through this post. Nearly miss some good stuff in here. Wow, gone for a week and everyone’s a lawyer. What to do about warranty - Page 5 -- posted image. Where have all the installer gone? Are you guys contemplating on a career change? Anyhow, on a serious notes, I don’t think most of good point being made here on warranty will applied unless you are thick skin and as tough as some of the poster say they are. IMO, I think in the end if you are persistent about it, you will probably get it your way. I am no lawyer, but I do hold my background in economics. Between the two evils I will probably choose economics. I for one love a completive market. Many sellers by definition and they will come on the market until it reaches the point where the profits margin are all squeeze out of it. At a lost some seller will get out and the cycle will start all over. Greater production efficiency and cheaper good for the consumer. What’s not good to like about that!   
I know there are lots of DIY on this broad. I can see it from their view about saving a few dollars and getting the satisfaction of installing it themselves. Personally, I would suggest staying away from dealer only product like “DEI, Compustar, Astroflex, Autostart and the likes.” They are nothing but trouble if you don’t know what you are doing in terms of your technical skills of getting it to work. These products don’t FAIL AT ALL when it’s install by someone who has great technical skill. That’s my personal opinion because 99% of the time when I encounter these product to fail is because of an installer error.   If you like these product and want to install them yourself buy it from a place that can back you up for your silly mistake. Otherwise, I would say buying it from a big box store is the way to go if you are a weekend installer. Up here we call it Canadian Tire. I am not sure what the equivalent of that would be in the south.   Buy it on weekend; if it doesn’t work return it Monday.   After burning a few unit and you still haven’t got it to work then you can pay someone to put it.   If you guys understand the concept of OPPORTUNITY COST you will choose the advice that I have suggested.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.What to do about warranty - Page 5 -- posted image.
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

thepencil - I hear you and agree.

This has been one hot topic (46 replies and 703 views).  I like you aproach when you say buy from Big Box because you can return it. 

This concept is similar to techs who start at BigBox and some make a few mistakes and fry a few things.  You can get away with it at a big box more so then an independent shop (were they normally higher people with some experience).

I did some research and concluded that the reason manufacteurs can deny warranty to consumer is because they've obtain a waiver and demonstrated that the product will not function properley unless install by a dealer (so they say).   I disagree with this approach because it has a lot of BS in it.

We're all going to be lawyers soon What to do about warranty - Page 5 -- posted image.....You need to be one just to make sense of the warranty lingo ("The party of the first party wil offer but no limit, deny but not imply, sigh but not cry, adjudecate and diferentiate, create and recuperate a "warranty" for the consumer, who will be reffered as a "user" but not abuser, convey but not relay, limit but not restrict...") LOL

(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic