Door popping circuit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paulieA 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hi there guys.

I have been recommended to you because i was told you know your stuff. I have a question.

On my old car, i removed the lock and the handle from the outside and replaced it with an electronic opening system. The central locking was operated from a remote key fob, this "unlocked" the doors. Then i had another circuit which was another solenoid which "popped" the door open. This was operated from a button on the outside of the car. Now, this "popping" circuit was made active by the inclusion of a microswitch which was "physically" enabled by the upwards motion of the "unlocking" solenoid.

This way, the button on the outside of the car didnt operate the "popping" circuit while the "unlocking" circuit solenoid was in the "down" position, ie unlocked.

It all sounds rather complicated, i have included a diagram i hope will help you understand.

Door popping circuit -- posted image.

My question is, is there anything i can replace the microswitch with? It was a bit unreliable due to the physical movement which was needed to push the switch. I would perfer if this was electronic or some other way of doing it, maybe a relay?

I hope you can help me,

Paulie

Hello!!!
tanz2004 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

I have done many shaved door systems and I know this might not help you much, but here is what I DO.

Have the alarm setup so when you disarm your alarm your door unlocks. Then with a second output on your Keyfob like trunk pop press and your door will open. Now what if you alarm dies and your battery is dead. well this is where you have to have an access panel that you can have a manual pull to open door if everything battery operated doesn't work. Even with your system I hope you have a back up plan. My first turck I did back in 1991 did not have a backup plan and was gone for a month on vacation when I came home my battery had died and I was not able to gain entry. So I had to break out my window. I have to say I have learned. That is just one of many backup's I have done on cars and trucks. I have added backup gell cells that is key op. Many different ways to do things now days.

Hope this help some.

Red.

TanZ2004
Washington State
paulieA 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

hi there.

Thanks for your reply, but that dosent really help me. My remote key fob is just a simple "push to open/push to close" system. I do have a backup procedure also, i have 2 terminals underneath the car in a waterproof block, and if i connect a battery to it the doors unlock and open.

But my problem still remains, is there a better way to do the system i described in the first post without the use of a physical push on a microswitch?

I dont want to get another remote kit, due to safety test reasons and also i dont want to pay for more remote stuff!

Hello!!!
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
i don't really know about door poppers but try to hook up a mercury switch to the rod?????? then it will activate the button when u unlock
paulieA 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

a mercury switch... this will be like a physical movement of mercury is this correct? Still the physical aspect is there. I used to have problems when parked on stepp inclines etc, that the microswitch wouldnt trip, so i was looking for an electronic replacement.

Im starting to think its impossible and im stuck with my microswitch forever! Just need a plan to make it more stable or something...

Hello!!!
paulieA 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
how do these work and how could i apply it? I dont think ive heard of one before. Cheers for the idea.
Hello!!!
paulieA 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

i suppose that will kinda be similar to the microswitch. But thanks for the idea, given me something else to think about!

Im sure there must be a more reliable system out there, i just need more ideas!

Hello!!!
paulieA 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

thats a very good question my friend!

The thing is, both front doors are connected to the remote, so if i use the unlocking circuit as a popping circuit, then both doors would open at the same time. It needs to be related to another circuit.

Also the locking arms the alarm, and also leaving your car unlocked at all times just dosent feel right!!!

Hello!!!
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
I did a car one time and used a magnetic switch (like for house alarms) like BOBK described. But I installed it in a different manner. I wired it in a normally opened setup and placed it just inside the upper front glass. When you pass the magnetic part (or any other magnet for that matter) over the glass it triggers the circuit. So basically you just keep the magnet on your keys and you wave it over the spot where ther sensor is behind the glass and that triggers the door to pop open. Its like a magnet "key", and an invisible lock.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
i was thinking something like that...

if your alarm ad an unarmed output you could use this with a relay. instrae of the switch.

if the alarm is real basic. You could put a relay off the unlock trigger  but this would mean standing beside the car with finger on the door popper button when you press the alarm disarm. because the unlock is just a pulse..

i deally what you would need is if you had done light supervision. or a system that turned on the dome light when unarmed. this would mean that you could wire a relay off that circuit and have about 20-3- secs to press the button before the light went out..

what alarm do you have did you do the install post details of the alarm
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic