icon

best brand amplifiers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chris305 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  

what are the top 5 best brand amplifiers i should go with to push 6 compvr kickers 400rms/800max

i wanna know which i should look into buying trying not to spend more than 1,000 for an amp or two thanks

Gr4v3_7 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have 2 kicker CVR 12's and I have a Hifonics 600x2 ch amp.  I am very satified with Hifonics.
egalion 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
some of the best brands around  are  mmats-  memphis- jl audio- us amps- kicker- orion- and the old rockfords- and the old hifonics amps  if u have any questions email me at egalion1@yahoo.com i can answer almost any question u have 
jcassonjr 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
what about the 2001 - 2004 alpines. Exluding the 1005 605 ect.
Alpine cda-9855
Alpine Mrd-m1000
1 farad digital Rockford cap
2 Treo SSi 12's
Large centerport box
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
I prefer amps that don't smoke, fry, leak voltage, or have copious amounts of chrome or neon on them. But that's just me.
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
get a memphis mojo amp. and push all 6 of them off of it.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
U.S.Amps, JL, JBL, Memphis, McIntosh, Zappco
Big Dave
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
There really isn't such thing as the best amp, most people will be particial to a brand because that is the brand they work with the most. I work with alphasonik so thats what i am particial to the 800D i would recomend for your situation because its got the power, well made, and will be in the price range ya need. But Kenwood, kicker, alpine, most major brands would suit your needs.
6061dyson 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Stay away from Rockford in my experience 551s 582 watts
Ah the Build quality is laughable! Brass screws? Yeah that'll last! If only it was brass coz god knows what is was but it stripped and mashed the screw heads ON... wait for it
DOING IN UP.... half way
ANd NO im not some moron who put them him at 45 degrees. They're just terrible. I couldn't get the damn things out after the first time i put them in!
IMPERIAL size allen key bolts? WHAT? Its 2005! Common!
And it over heats after 20 mins at 85% of full power n RF brag about UP TO 80% efficiency in heat disapation.
Good quality bass though
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
egalion wrote:
some of the best brands around are mmats- memphis- jl audio- us amps- kicker- orion- and the old rockfords- and the old hifonics amps if u have any questions email me at egalion1@yahoo.com i can answer almost any question u have
Give me a primary example of natural adaptive radiation...
6061dyson wrote:
Stay away from Rockford in my experience 551s 582 watts
Ah the Build quality is laughable! Brass screws? Yeah that'll last! If only it was brass coz god knows what is was but it stripped and mashed the screw heads ON... wait for it
DOING IN UP.... half way
ANd NO im not some moron who put them him at 45 degrees. They're just terrible. I couldn't get the damn things out after the first time i put them in!
IMPERIAL size allen key bolts? WHAT? Its 2005! Common!
And it over heats after 20 mins at 85% of full power n RF brag about UP TO 80% efficiency in heat disapation.
Good quality bass though
HUH?!?! WHA?!?!
Current: Eclipse, Zapco, Memphis
Old School: Orion reds (the HCCA225 especially), Phoenix Gold, PA series Alphasonik stuff, HiPhonics
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic