Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheSaint421 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
turtleturtle wrote:
TheSaint421 wrote:

I hope you're not talking about moulding the kit to the car to fill all the seams that a regular kit would have, between the bumper and the fender for example.. if this is the case I hope the car will not be driven, but only loaded on a trailer and unloaded at the show, becaseu otherwise the kit will crack, right along where the seam would have been..... just a thought, if thats the direction you are going.

The Saint

sorry, I thought you meant that you wanted to mould in the bumpers to fenders, and rear bumper to the rear quater panels as well, not just the wide body portion of the kit...

The Saint

No, I was going for instructions.  And the person putting the kit on, has one on his car, and is a daily driver.  It is perfect, and has never cracked for the 3 years it has been on.

Pioneer DEH P960MP
Eclipse EQ2102
Focal Utopia 165w3
JL 300/2
JL 10W6v2 (2)
JL Slash 500/1 (2)
Optima Yellowtop
turtleturtle 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
I am only molding in the wide body protion, not the front, side skirts.  I am molding in the rear only because the rear is a lip.
"...am I not Turtley enough for the Turtle Club?"
turtleturtle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  

mi_what wrote:
2 weeks is good compared to the other ones on eBay. I paid $150.00 for shipping, I hope it will come earlier though. The other kits on there were like 150-200 dollars plus 180 for shipping. I got my JDM front bumper for the integra for only 9 dollars plus 150 for shipping...not too bad if you ask me. Probably smells fishy cause I just farted...no seriously though, you either pay cheaper prices and wait longer by using eBay; or you pay higher prices and choose when you want your shipping by using independent companies...know what I mean?

What I did was, I saw the Lambo Doors on ebay, called the ompany, and bought it from them.  They were overnighted, no charge.  Same with the wide body kit.  The front bumper was different, the body shop paid up the ashe to get it in fast.

TheSaint421 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  

turtleturtle wrote:
I am only molding in the wide body protion, not the front, side skirts.  I am molding in the rear only because the rear is a lip.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I just thought I would mention it, because I have seen the effects of removing all the seams in the body, and it doesn't last. a lip on the bumper is completely different, as it isn't a flex point in the body, whereas the bumper / fender joint would be...

regards, The Saint

Pioneer DEH P960MP
Eclipse EQ2102
Focal Utopia 165w3
JL 300/2
JL 10W6v2 (2)
JL Slash 500/1 (2)
Optima Yellowtop
turtleturtle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Yesterday, I started to put on the Wide Body Kit.  I put the top of the door piece on.  Today, I am going to put the bottom door pieces on, and going to start to sand down the rear part (that does not fit proper) and I AM going to make it fit.  Once that is down, it is going to be riveted on the car.  Then, I am going to make the small 3 inch gap by using foam, and filling it in.  Hopfully be done riveting it in by this Friday so I can start fiberglassing it in.
turtleturtle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

I started to sand down the rear piece and today I am putting that on the car.  I am also going to make the mold today and put that on as well.

mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hey bro, I just got an e-mail this morning from the place that I bought my front bumper from. They shipped it out yesterday via DHL next day. Hopefully it will be here by next monday or tuesday. I guess they just had to write two weeks just to cover their ass. Put some pics up of the wide body kit.
turtleturtle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

I will when I have the whole kit on the car.  That will not be until tommorow.

turtleturtle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Molding in a Wide Body Kit - Page 2 -- posted image.

The rear problem I was talking about.  It overlaps, no biggy.  I just have to take out tail lights, and sand down until fit proper.  Then glass it off to fit the tail lights.

turtleturtle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

More pics

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic