icon

Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cshuttle 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  

Serious problem here guys--I disconnected the unit, tried to perform the bypass, reconnected the unit, and I've got nothing. As in, the security light on the front comes on and is flashing, but the unit won't turn on.

I removed the solder, and the same result--flashing security light, no operation of the unit. Pressed the reset button multiple times, and it looks like nothing is helping out...

o0odvs1o0o 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like you screwed it up. Again, if you dont know what you are doing and are not a professional, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS on your own! Hire someone to do the job!! This mod does work! I watched my guy do it. What is the model of your unit? Avic-n1 or n2?
cshuttle 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
It's an n2. I really can't see how it would have gotten screwed up. Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1 - Page 24 -- posted image. I really didn't do anything heroic; just got the wax off with alcohol and got some solder between the connectors...
pursuefitness 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys this is great that you have finally found a way to bypass the N2 and unleash it true potential. I have a n00b question and I read all the posts and not sure if this has been discussed. I was going to buy the N1 but figure that with this bypass the N2 would be the better option. Anyway, with new map software to come do you think Pioneer will find a way to lock the n2 again with the newer software or can this be a permanent fix?
One more question other than updated maps what is the main difference between the n1 and n2?
Thanks in advance.
o0odvs1o0o 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Go with the N2, its newer and better. Plus if you update the N1, Ive heard that the mod will stop working on the N1! My friend just modded his n2 also, works just like mine does, but he had the 1.1 software and then was sent the 1.2 software, he did the upgrade on the N2 and it 'still' works. Mine was modded with the 1.2 software that it came with and it works also!
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
The N2 software also allows the NavTraffic service.  The N1 software does not.  I would go with the N2 because at least you have the possibility of using the 06 and future software in it.  In the N1, you are stuck with the 2004 software forever (its been a long time and nobody has figured how to bypass an N1 with N2 software.)  If you are really considering buying one now, I would probably wait and see if the N3 is bypassable.  It is supposed to come out in february/march at $1800 and is better than the N2.  Has full-screen display for XM and Ipod.  Just an idea...
pursuefitness 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thank You guys for the quick responses I will definitely plan on getting the N2 over the N1. The N3 is also an interesting option if I can be patient enough. Thank Guys!
o0odvs1o0o 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
I dont even use my ipod with my unit or the traffic service with xm... so, those things arent important. If the N3's only differences are full screen for those options, Its not for me anyway... Im MORE THAN HAPPY with my N2!!! This thing is one of the best things I have ever purchased! :)
grandcherokee01 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

The new software will not lock-out the bypass.  The whole purpose of the bypass is actually to allow pioneer to use the same unit for both the US and Europe.  The bypass is exactly the same thing that pioneer actually does to produce the unit for Europe. 

As far as for the member about 4 posts up that said his unit wouldn't work but the security light is on......You are best off to redo your solder.  Make sure that the solder is only touching the 2 points and not the metal frame nearby.  If you redo it a couple times it should work.  Sometimes it only makes just enough connection to screw with the unit.  So the screen goes black because it is confused or the connection is grounded out.  Make sure also to clean the area around the pins with some rubbing alcohol so that it makes a good connection. 

Thanks,

Rick

p_gcustomerservice@yahoo.com

Jeep Grand Cherokee '01
Infinity Gold System
Pioneer AVIC-N2 w/ rear view camera and iPod Adapter
2 8x10 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 5x7 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 JL 10 W7's, 500\1 Mono AMPS
5 Farad C
lasthestunna 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone, say someone that has the inside scoop on Pioneer, know if there will be a way to bypass the lockout feature in the new soon to be released Avic-N3?  I'm assuming there will be one and I'm thinking Pioneer will make it more difficult to bypass this safety feature.  I wish someone, Pioneer in particular, would come up with a way for the front or rear passenger to control the features the full features of the Avic while the car is in motion without us having to do this bypass.  Maybe another touchscreen monitor for the passenger side that has all the full features while in motion while the actual Avic has the limited features while in motion, but does have all the features when not in motion.  I don't know what do you think out there?  Can this be done?  Is there a better way then the present way of doing this?

Page of 28

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic