icon

Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
o0odvs1o0o 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
I dont think that Pioneer is 'out to get the consumer'... in other words, they really could care less if you mod the unit to view movies or use nav... they just cant make it SIMPLE with an option in the menu or something similar, due to the morons who will kill someone while watching a movie and driving, then try to sue Pioneer. Plus, there is the unfortunate LAW of not having a movie playing in the front... which is BS... that is the reason they make it the way they do... if they wanted to BLOCK you/me/us, they would just make it so there are NO points to solder and just make another unit for Europe or just make it much more difficult. Who do you think released the solder mod in the first place? do you think it was just some guy playing with his soldering gun one day and discovered this? doubt that... so when the N3 comes out, Im confident there will be a way to do this, if not, an easier way, like the N1 (just grounding the parking brake)... Anyway, we will worry about the N3 when the N3 is 'actually' released! its not even out yet...!
cshuttle 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
So, considering that I managed to screw up one unit already, is there someone around here who could help me out with perfoming this hack and, in doing so, not destroy the thing?
I'm in West Chester, PA.
nawt40 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Have what may be a silly question, but...if your installer will not do the bypass for you and you do the jumper bypass to the unit before he installs it, what happens to the unit when the installer hooks it up according to the manual ? Does it operate normally without the brake wire grounded and the jumper installed ?
Also, as another option for the jumper, you can use conductive adhesive tape or aluminum foil tape. Available at Home Depot and Lowes. This will insure a clean reversal of the process when needed.
grandcherokee01 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

The unit will operate just fine but you will have to go back in and ground the parking brake wire (light green) to either the black wire or the car chasis.  Otherwise you will have to put on your parking brake every time you want to use it.

Rick

Jeep Grand Cherokee '01
Infinity Gold System
Pioneer AVIC-N2 w/ rear view camera and iPod Adapter
2 8x10 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 5x7 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 JL 10 W7's, 500\1 Mono AMPS
5 Farad C
mdxer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

Hello people,

I'm new to the forum and I ran into this forum in the search of a way to modified my one week old AVIC N2.  I don't watch DVD when I drive but not having the full access to nav function is most ridiculous thing I ever seen.  I have no background on installation and I don't even know how to remove the unit out from the dash.  Anyone in NYC area willing to help out?  I am more than willing to pay for the service rendered.  Thank you guys in advance.

shhnappa 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
mdxer wrote:

Hello people,

I'm new to the forum and I ran into this forum in the search of a way to modified my one week old AVIC N2.  I don't watch DVD when I drive but not having the full access to nav function is most ridiculous thing I ever seen.  I have no background on installation and I don't even know how to remove the unit out from the dash.  Anyone in NYC area willing to help out?  I am more than willing to pay for the service rendered.  Thank you guys in advance.

What town are you located in, when you say NYC?

mdxer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
I can travel to NYC, Brooklyn (I work here) and Queens (I live here)
toro1966 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I am sold.  I haven't taken her for a test drive yet, but I just did the bypass on my 2003 Cobra vert and everything seems to work.  I won't know for sure until I take her for a test drive.  I will do that shortly, I just got done putting the dash back together.

I know I am  a newbie, but I did this bypass in about 10 minutes.  It took me about 30 minutes to get the dash out and about 15 minutes to get it back in so all in all the entire evolution from start to finish was about an hour.  Results are great.  I have  a 6 disc DVD changer that works perfectly now REGARDLESS of whether or not the parking brake is up.  I, like most people, do not intend on driving with a movie on, but it will be so nice now not to have to pull over to change my route on the NAV system!

Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1 - Page 25 -- posted image.

1966 Toronado Deluxe; 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra Convertible (Avic D1, JL Audio Amps/Separates/Sub/6 Disc DVD Changer)
djhushd 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Can i use any pioneer wiring harness or do i need a AVIC harness? Can i just strip a wire and jam it in there?
trdtim 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

3forty7 wrote:
I didnt need the forum to learn how to bypass the n2 or the d1,I do this every day!! This forum is extremely helpful to people like you and others on this board,but as for me I am a certified tech and do this for a living. I have the tech information and provide tech information to others when I stumble upon it. I said I would not bypass the unit if it was my own simply because it will void your warranty. I install these units on a daily basis and the failure rate within a few years is too high to go without a warranty. Thats just my 2 cents.

I don't think it would void the warranty on the D1 since no soldering is involved.  It's just grounding some wires on the harness.  If you sent it in for repairs they wouldn't know.

Pleast someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Page of 28

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic