icon

Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toro1966 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
I would say you have to use a pioneer or other similiar harness.  The prolem is that the pin from the unit goes into the receptacle on the wire from the wire harness. I would say just use one of the spar wires from the harness itself.  There are two that were free on mine (meaning I wasn't using them). One was the blue power antenna wire and the other was a black and yellow wire (can't remember exactly what it was for). Just pull one of those out of the existing wire and jam it into the blank space next to the ground on the harness.  Cheers.
1966 Toronado Deluxe; 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra Convertible (Avic D1, JL Audio Amps/Separates/Sub/6 Disc DVD Changer)
trdtim 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

So the Pioneer website shows the new D2, looks just like the D1 with the same exact features. Anyway,  I checked out the page for the D1 and it states that the update software is available for the D1 now to version 1.2  Anyone think this will mess with the bypass?

Here's the quote from the pioneer page

"Q:  What is the latest available software version for the AVIC-D1?

A:  The latest version is AVIC-D1 Application v1.2, and is available to registered customers (please make sure to register your AVIC-D1 here).  This update fixes several minor issues, including the 24 hour clock display, "XM Updating" screen, and general XM NavTraffic improvements."

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

It does not affect the bypass

trdtim wrote:

So the Pioneer website shows the new D2, looks just like the D1 with the same exact features. Anyway,  I checked out the page for the D1 and it states that the update software is available for the D1 now to version 1.2  Anyone think this will mess with the bypass?

Here's the quote from the pioneer page

"Q:  What is the latest available software version for the AVIC-D1?

A:  The latest version is AVIC-D1 Application v1.2, and is available to registered customers (please make sure to register your AVIC-D1 here).  This update fixes several minor issues, including the 24 hour clock display, "XM Updating" screen, and general XM NavTraffic improvements."

bansheebc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i just spent an hour reading this bypass for the Avic N-2 I am a MECP installer also, but i quit that a few years back and took a more profitable job. but my question is since i am one that wont do anything that i am not comfortable with, Is there anyone around the little rock arkasnas area or Texarkana or dallas/fortworth area that i can pay (well) to do the mod? i dont watch dvd's while i drive but that freakin lockout on the nav unit is horriable it really suxx having to pull over on the side of the interstate just so you can find a place to eat. But like i said, any people working at any stereo shop in those areas let me know your contact information so we can setup a time, my email is bansheebc88@hotmail.com
o0odvs1o0o 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
I am glad to see that people are looking for professional help if they feel they can not do the mod. This is good! No point ruining a very expensive unit! Anyway, I did a side by side comparison on Pioneers website for the Avic N2 and N3... there is really NO difference other than the few differences I listed below... the only differences I see is:
Detailed City Map: N2= 12 N3= 23
Whatever that means??
Composite AV input: N2= 2 N3= 1
N2 is better for this
Ipod Adapter Ready: N2= Yes (External) N3= Yes (Full Control)
Looks like the controls are on the unit itself?!
Preout Voltage: N2=2V, 100 Ohm N3= 2.2V, 1k Ohm
Big whooptie doo dah! hehe Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1 - Page 26 -- posted image.
All in all, I STILL think the N2 is better! UNLESS, you can get the N3 cheaper, which I think it is, since on the site they are showing a retail for the N2 as $2,000 and the N3 as $1,800... they are the SAME thing, just a new model name.. but for the price difference it is probably worth going with the cheaper of the two... The 'only' issue I have with this thing is that some places are not on the discs, places that should be, places that have been around for 'at least' 2 years...my home address isnt on it either, I had my house built almost 2 years ago, so that is understandable.. and I was able to 'make' the location by just finding it on the map and then telling it that 'this' is my home... all in all a great navigation unit! I find myself using the touch screen more than the voice, sometimes its just easier, but the voice nav is a MUST! Not only for 'showing off' the unit but for convenience... Also, the XM traffic option shouldnt be so much per month, its a nice option to have, but big deal, how often would you REALLY use it?! It should be like $50/year or something... well, enough of me ranting... I got things to do... hehehe...Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1 - Page 26 -- posted image.
whtcrxghst 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=o0odvs1o0o]

Detailed City Map: N2= 12 N3= 23
Whatever that means??

**If you live in one of the detailed metro areas, you can zoom in to the point of seeing the buildings, parks, stadiums, etc. mapped out exactly to how they are blueprinted.  Very cool, looks almost three dimensional.  Some are done to the point of seeing the fairways on a golf course.

Ipod Adapter Ready: N2= Yes (External) N3= Yes (Full Control)
Looks like the controls are on the unit itself?!

**The ipod display takes up the entire touchscreen, meaning you can see all the song information at once, browse through playlists, genres, albums, ect. with six lines showing up on screen instead of one like the n2.  It is also much, much, much faster.  The N2 is terribly slow when using the ipod adaptor, much improved now.

**One other thing you forgot is the full screen XM display.  Just like they had on the D1--gives you channel lists, logos, and much more song information.  Sirius is similar on the N3 but no logos
 Also, the XM traffic option shouldnt be so much per month, its a nice option to have, but big deal, how often would you REALLY use it?! It should be like $50/year or something... well, enough of me ranting... I got things to do... hehehe...Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1 - Page 26 -- posted image. [QUOTE]

**If you already have XM for audio, the traffic service is $3.99 ($47.88 per year.)

In summary, the N2 is great, the N3 is better.  And cheaper. 

mrsqueezles 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
If anyone's interested, I'm selling the CDNV-50MT software version 1.2 here. I have an AVIC-N1 and it works great! The NavTraffic cut my evening commute from [1 to 2.5 hours] to [20 minutes to an hour]. Pioneer accidentaly sent me 2 copies Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1 - Page 26 -- posted image.
mrsqueezles 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with o0odvs1o0o. The AVIC-N1 was a huge leap ahead for navigation systems. The N2 added NavTraffic, which many people don't use, but is a technological marvel. The N3 seems like a slightly tweaked N2. Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1 - Page 26 -- posted image. Why bother giving it a new model name? Why not call it an N2 version 2? Pioneer had better start innovating again or companies like Eclipse, with a navigation system with a hard drive, are going to pass them up.
o0odvs1o0o 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yup! Thats the other thing I forgot, taking the dvd out to play music or video or whatever and then having to put the nav dvd back in for all of the functions, even though it has 'memory', it only holds the info that you route first, holds no poi or anything like that. There should be a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) built in, its not difficult to do, they are tiny these days! That should have been the next one they made, N3 should have had a HDD... but then I would've been really pissed! hehehe... maybe the NEXT one should come with a HDD OR at the least an additional DVD slot...
whtcrxghst 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
The Z1 double-din has a hard drive just like the eclipse.  The eclipse single din with HDD is going to be way overpriced for what you get
Page of 28

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic