icon

how do you stealth install?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
When you guys do a totally steath install,do you make all the wires black and put them in wireloom?Also where is the best place to hide the brain?I plan on installing the clifford intelliguard 750,and i want the install to be the best it can be.I will be in no rush..
"ole blake"
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
Black tape and black loom is all you need for the job.
As to whrere the best spot to hide the brain? I would say if someone needs to remove a lot of screw to take the panels off just to get to the brain or stretch their arms just to reach it, that's a good place to put it.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.how do you stealth install? -- posted image.
suspendedHatch 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
I specialize in stealth installs. Have a look at my How-to site. http://members.cox.net/shaundrake/alarm/carAlarmMods.html
Cause For Alarm
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
you could relocate the alarm brain to the trunk or under a seat or whatever your imagination tells you. just make sure that it is easily accessable for any repair or modifications you may have to perform.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I took my instrument cluster out and mounted it way up high in the small cavity back there and ran my wiring harnesses down from it wrapped in tape.
Steve G
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2005 at 3:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks SuspendedHatch.I read your page and it was great info.I got alot of good ideas especially about mounting the siren or sirens in a place better then right under the hood.My only concern is this.I have a 98 dodge intrepid,and the battery is right down in front oh the right tire.Easy to drill the battery.I guess i'll end up putting so plating there so that the batt access is harder for a thief.Thanks for the info about the t-harness also.Am i right in saying that the t-harness is only for use when it comes to wiring in the starter kill,or does it serve more then that??
"ole blake"
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
SuspendedHatch writes repeatedly in his instructions, and for good reason, BATTERY BACKUP.. AT THE LEAST get a battery backup siren. Really the units only need + and -. You don't even have to connect them to the alarm... Just constant and ground somewhere in the car. (Truck owners, shove them between the spare tire and body, lock the spare.. thief boned)...
He does have awesome ideas of concealment the only trouble is if the theif is going to go through that much trouble, he's going to have a work around. Hiding the brain so the theif can't yank the wires is great, but you've always got to keep in mind the shortcoming of the automobile itself. Majority of the alarms cut the starter wire only. Hiding where you disabled the starter wire is great, but keep in mind the theif only has to get closer to the starter. Fairly easy to simply climb underneath and short the main power wire @ the starter to the selnoid wire... Vrrrmmm.. Car started (if they crank the column already).. All your hidden work didn't help. Same if they cut the battery cables. No power. NO PAGE..
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying to ignore SuspendedHatch methods. I'm only trying to enforce battery backup. A stealth install is nice for when you have to go back into the dash. Also it helps keep lazy/vendictive mech from "accidently" yanking on alarms wires while doing maintanence (seen it many times). Someone pops panels and see's spaghati they're not going to want to take the time to work around it, their also likely to find it a good excuse for their parts failure (aka POOR INSTALL )..
KEEP IN MIND. Your biggest weakness is the power source. They cut the battery nothing else works.
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2005 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
great tutorial suspendedhatch.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2005 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
All my installes are done behind instument clusters or behind the ac evaporator core spend the time to do the installs customers will always come backhow do you stealth install? -- posted image.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help peeps.I have decided to go with a clifford alarm.Another great DEI product,what sold me was all the extra features.The wireless immobilizer,battery backup siren,and the blackjack feature sold me.
"ole blake"
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic