icon

Power requirements for this setup?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

If you wire 3 batteries in series to power your system, your shooting 36+ volts into your amps!  When connecting multiple batteries, wire them in parallel so voltage stays constant.  You probably meant in parallel, but I just wanted to make sure.  I'd hate to see anyone smoke their equipment.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Integrity 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
can you please describe how to wire them in parallel so that way when i have the installer wire everything i can double check everything to void problems i dunno if you can use ms paint or something and draw 3 batteries and illustrate for me how they would be wired thanks ahead of time.
what i also am trying to understand is with my current setup right now i have no voltage issues i can turn off the car and listen tyo the radio blasting no problem for about half hour before i have to start the car so i would think 1 more battery would help power up the type x subs with no problem instead of 3 batteries. but thats why i am asking cause im not a pro a this
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
its simple.
Parallel:
   (+)---------(+)-----------(+)------->To car +
    1           2             3
   (-)---------(-)-----------(-)-------> To car -
Series
Car + <-----(+) Battery 1 (-)----(+) Battery 2 (-) ----(+) Battery 3 (-)-------> Car -
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

the amps your going to be adding produce more power and are going to demand more from your alternator . then the ones your running to your subs . what type of vehicle is this going in ? and the thing with adding batterys ,and not an alternator. is that if your drawing more power than your alternator produces.what this will result in is the extra power stored in the batterys will be gone over time.

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 04 explorer exlt sport v8
wekk im not looking to have the radio running when the vehicle is off or anything like that just as long i can get like 30 minutes of power like i do now is fine with me its mainly when im driving and all that i want the bass to hit hard 2000 watts on the type x plus 600-1000 on the type r's
along with the component speakers that has to sound sweet and clear
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
im now thinking of switching the type r's for two more type x for a total of 4000 watts of bass
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

switching to the same subs is a good step in the right direction, keep the subs the same and put them in proper box's with deicent power running to them. throw in a deicent HO alternato and a couple batteries (depending on there ratings)  but keep in mind what you want it for when getting the batteries,  if you want to listen to the music for a long period of time or just quick loud burst's (like at a competition)  that will change the type of battery you use,  a regular car starting battery will be good for those quick burst's and a good deep cycle will keep you going for a longer period of time (someone correct me if i'm wrong here) just that's what i've always been told

Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
spitfireguy1185 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
definitely H.O. alternator i got one done for about $300 and its a 200amp installed and warrantied...with ur setup u will need a battery isolater so Your batteries will remain separated while the engine is off, preventing voltage drain and will not have a voltage drop either . a 200amp isolater will be a good idea and u can pick one up from Sound domain.com for about $70 shipped. caps are good as buffers but it is always a good idea to upgrade the source (alternator) rather than just try to delay the inevitable.
Bass-oholik
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
Hehe thanks guys I will kaboom my neighbors soon LOL they dont like me now as it is
I willget my Lr3 soon and pop this configuration in there.
cause im not doign anythign since i am getting rid of this piece of shhh ford explorer i have busted th transaxle twice, the clutch packs twice, brake light sensor switch 5 times, the moonroof makies noise since the day i drove it been there numerous times so whiting 2-3 weeks my LR3 will arrive :~) IM in heaven
yayo 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2005 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  
can i just add, that for the people who ARE wanting to increase the volts, prolly shouldnt do it with two batteries, u'll still get 24v to ur amps, not good, but on some amps 16v, and even 18v are "doable". but, if ur going to do this even, make sure u have a 12VOLT SOURCE to ur remote turn on input on ur amps!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic