icon

Extended Cab with 3 15's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
M&mfabrications 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
I finally got all the glasswork done last weekend and this weekend I will start smoothing it out. Hopefully I will have some new pictures on Monday.
j68rh 
Copper - Posts: 147
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
what kinda fabric is that you used??
M&mfabrications 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

I don't know what kind of fabric it is. I just went to the fabric shop and found something cheap that would stretch in both directions and that was thick enough to hold the resin well. I started smoothing it out over the weekend and hope to have it ready for paint over the Christmas Holiday.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/townzenm/DSCF3001.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/townzenm/DSCF2999.jpg

ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
very nice.. i like that alot... but that is alot of bondo and evercoat!!!! my question is why the did u smooth the area going down into the cone????
S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
the subs are gonna be mounted on the lower recessed rings not the top ring so that whole area "going down into the cone" is gonna be visible.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

placid warrior wrote:
the subs are gonna be mounted on the lower recessed rings not the top ring so that whole area "going down into the cone" is gonna be visible.

I'm wondering why he did it that way.  Anyone care to calculate what frequency is going to be amplified by that HORN!

Looks excellent man.  I'm wondering though, why did you use so much bondo?  I used a ton on my FG enclosure, but that was only because it was a master to be copied.  Was it really that un-smooth? 

ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

placid warrior wrote:

ok now it makes sense.. at first when i looked at it i was wondering about it... not sure if i like the horn design.. but none the less its clean and done right so i appreciate it and give lots of credit to the project very nice man.. hit that with some nice dupont paint and load in the audio gear!!!!

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
M&mfabrications 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

The recessed areas ended up being a little more prominent than I had intended but I thought it still gave it a good look that I haven't really seen before so I like it.  And to answer Poorman no it wasn't that unsmooth at all and when I am done most of that Rage Gold will be dust on the floor. I just got a little excited with the filler. Right now the plan for paint is black with realistic style blue flames.

pajokijr 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
very nice...original desgin.just wondering how many layers of glass did u use?
M&mfabrications 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not real sure how many I would guess about 7 on the top and maybe 5 on the more curved areas. I just kept adding until it passed the thumb test.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic