icon

Nissan Altima 05 OEM alarm removal probs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aaronx2 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
My friend brought home one of those remote start, two-way alarms recently and after taking a look at his 05 altima today, i have come to the conclusion that the stock alarm is built into his BCM (Body Control Module, which controls everything from lights to door locks, power windows, wipers and whatnot... as well as the dome lights. The question is, can I remove the functionality of the stock alarm without harming the BCM? They seem pretty integrated, with the alarm antenna even mounted in the case.
Can someone who has done this mod possibly post a solution up? I've got most of the bottom dashboard stripped already and would love to be able to fix things up soon. I want the OEM alarm not to function at all.
Or if i got the alarm integration thing wrong, please point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

no you can not turn the original alarm off.

I don't understand why you would want to not use the oem alarm.

don't arm the original alarm...and if you have to , no big deal.......just make it disarm before start, if my memory serves me right.  Try this, sit in the car , lock the doors with the original remote, you should see a red light somewhere(most likley on the dash) once it is armed...start the car and if the alarm does not sound off....great. No need to dis arm the system upon start...if so, use the disarm wire from the unit. If there is no disarm wire from the unit...go check in programming to have the doorlocks unlock before start and relock after start.

and you need the extra part

This Vehicle Is Equipped With A Transponder Type Engine Immobilizer Theft System

Nissan

Altima

2002-2005

Remote Starter  Wiring Colors and Notes

Function

Vehicle  Color

Start:

BLACK/ RED & BLACK / YELLOW

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **

Ignition  #1:

BLACK/ RED

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS*

Ignition #2:

RED

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition  #3:

N/A

Accessory:

WHITE/ BLUE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Brake  Light:

RED / GREEN

AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Tach  Signal:

Parking Lights:

RED / BLUE (+)

DRIVER'S KICK PANEL

Headlights:

BLUE & RED / YELLOW (+)

AT MODULE BEHIND PASSENGER HEADLIGHT

Diesel  Glow Plug:

N/A

Clutch  Bypass Wire:

Notes:

* This Vehicle Is Equipped With A Transponder Type Engine Immobilizer Theft System. Use Universal Alarm Bypass Module part # 2x402 where X can be any number. See Note #144 ** This Vehicle Is Equipped With Two Start Wires. Both Must Be Powered In Order For Vehicle To Start When Engine Is Cold. See Note #235 *** Test With A Meter While Turning A Key In The Driver's Door Lock Cylinder.

Nissan

Altima

2002-2005

Alarm and Keyless  Entry Wiring Colors and Notes

Function

Vehicle  Color

Constant  +12 Volts:

GREEN

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

OEM Alarm Disarm:

WHITE/ BLUE (-)

AT KEY SWITCH INSIDE OF DRIVER'S DOOR ***

Dome  Lights/Superv:

COMES ON WITH UNLOCK

SEE NOTE****

OEM Horn:

GREEN / WHITE (-)

STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power  Lock:

PINK (-)

PIN # AT BCM NEAR FUSE BOX

Power  Unlock:

BROWN (-)

PIN # AT BCM NEAR FUSE BOX *****

Trunk  Release:

RED / BLACK OR BLUE/RED (-)

PIN # AT BCM NEAR FUSE BOX

Alarm  Input Wire:

COMES ON WITH UNLOCK

SEE NOTE****

Notes:

**** Multiple Trigger Wires. Use Lt. Blue (-) For Driver's Door, Pink/Blue (-) For Passenger Front Door, RED / Black (-) For Both Rear Doors. All Wires Are Found At The BCM Located To The Right Of The Fuse Box. ***** Unlock Requires Double Pulse. See Note #231. Also See Note #201 Negative Trigger Door Locks.

Testing is the key
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

wire the factory arm wire off the remote start like this pink/blue (negitive trigger), located in the drivers door at door module pin 4 (Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

This wire will also lock the doors. so dont worry about wiring up the lock wires)

wire unlock wires like this jumper the unlock wire and factory disarm wire off the brain together and then hook them to the WHITE/ blue (negitive trigger) wire in door at drivers door module pin 5, Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

Single pulse on this wire will disarm the factory alarm, and double pulse will unlock the doors. (turn double pulse unlock on in the programing menu of remote start brain.

hope this helps.....this will keep the factory alarm working with no problems....

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
They way i see it u NEVER wanna remove factory alarms they are a pain in the butt.... u always wanna bypass it
aaronx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
The reason why my friend would rather not use the OEM alarm is simple : he has a two-way LCD alarm sitting around with remote start & turbo timer.
Its only real failing is being incompatible with picky cars like his altima and various others (only single-pulse output). I've ordered a DEI 556U and a 472T to fix the remote start and single pulse issues already, though.
BTW, can anyone tell me where I can find a hot wire on car start? In other words, +12v when the car is running. Alarm needs it to know when to quit cranking (i think.)
BTW, thanks guys for the help so far. I actually checked ou the note #231, someone had it posted somewhere and it was a circut for double pulsing. Too bad i already got the 472Ts ordered. Incidentally, I have a couple extra available. If anyone wants one, feel free to PM me. Just S&H and a nominal fee.
aaronx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
accord78 : not really true in the case of older cars especially in countries outside of the united states. My '92 accord then had a Cobra (australian) alarm installed which was quite a good alarm for a stock system then - it had a ultrasonic volumetric sensor & shock sensor and a pretty solid trigger system.
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
u should wire to the tach wire of the car.....uy get a cleaner signal than using the 12v voltage sense.....
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
The Altima is not a "picky" car---it's just a plain ol' little Nissan.
Many of them do not have factory security----if the red light atop the dash comes on steady as you lock the doors with the remote, that is the alarm arming.
As others here have said, why would you throw away the alarm your friend paid extra to get? Two alarms are better than one. Just arm and disarm the factory alarm with the aftermarket remote.
The alarm will disarm all by itself upon remote start; the factory disarm wire is not needed.
See if that Altima has any kind of menu where you can change the settings of the car. If you set it so that the factory remote unlocks all the doors at once (instead of driver's first), your aftermarket unit will also unlock all the doors with a single pulse.
aaronx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for helping out. I've got the alarm tested out and the only issues i have are :
1) Door unlocking requires double pulse which my alarm does not supply (fixed with the purchase of DEI 452T double pulse generator)
2) 3 seperate wires for each door trigger (solved with a couple of diodes wired in)
2) this car has autolight IE the driving lights come on for a short period of time after arm/disarming (not sure which one). I understand some sort of circut is needed to make sure the lights go off after disarming... involving a relay and i'm not sure what else. Something about a "pulse after" relay setup.
If somebody could aid me on #3, I would be very much grateful.
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

you mean knocking the lights off if you stop the car by remote and not opening the car door?

connect the DISARM WIRE from the starter to the driver door pinswitch. If the shoot is neg(most probably will be) connect the wire directly to the pinswitch

Testing is the key
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic