Nissan Altima 05 OEM alarm removal probs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deepinit 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
slicksam wrote:

you mean knocking the lights off if you stop the car by remote and not opening the car door?

connect the DISARM WIRE from the starter to the driver door pinswitch. If the shoot is neg(most probably will be) connect the wire directly to the pinswitch

I had the same problem with my 05 Maxima and to expand on this... cut the divers door trigger AFTER the input trigger for the alarm place a diode and wire in the output for rearm after shutdown.   This way the pulse rearm aftershut down will not trigger the alarm.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
To shut off the daytime, or auto lights....pulse the green and yellow wire(-) at the SECU Its across from a RED / white, and a WHITE/ red  Use your pulse after to trigger this wire
aaronx2 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Appreciate the replies. I have a astrostart installation sheet for the '04 maxima, which i am recalling from memory requires a 'pulse after' relay connected to a GREEN/ (yellow or silver) wire.
deepinit, i do not really get what you are trying to say. Could you elaborate/simplify?
KarTuneMan, i'll check out the wires and let you know if it's successful. not sure if it's the "auto" lights i need to shut off though.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
--Typically, when you drive around in the dark with the autolamps on, then park the car and get out, the lights shut themselves off after a short time.
--If the car is shut off and the door is NOT opened, the lights never go out, draining the battery.
--If your remote starter times out, or you start it with the remote, and then shut it back off with the remote, the same problem will result.
--Even if the installer does not bother doing anything about this, only about 1% of customers come back, in my experience.
--Regardless, if you connect a "pulse-after-shutdown" output from your remote starter, to the driver's-front doorpin wire of the car, the autolamps will shut off after a period of time as they normally would.
--On Viper product, the wire that pulses after shutdown is called "factory re-arm", I believe.
No relay or diode should be necessary; just a straight connection is fine.
aaronx2 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
Okay guys, i've sorted out the auto light as well as every other aspect of the alarm except for two:
1) For the love of me, I cannot figure out how in the world to run the siren from the engine bay into the car. It seems like every entry grommet for wires is already epoxy sealed, and the main wire harness is not accessable. Any tips on how to get this done besides drilling?
2) Is there another place I can locate a +12v source on engine start besides the fuel injectors/coils (tach sense)? Perhaps a source in the car - as above, I am finding it a problem to run wires in from the engine bay without drilling. Even so, I am having a touch time locating the wires without removing the engine cover.
Thanks!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic