icon

rock music and my set up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok sorry for the double post, but my last link doesn't work.  Just go to Crutchfield.com and look for those subs.  You'll get some reviews.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

Again, with any reasonable system (reasonable=non spl bass junky system) Your most important sound stage is the front. Invest the most money here, i.e a really nice componet set. The source unit is very important as well. Then look in to some subs or a sub. Don't be shy of large subs so long as they are good quality. I say this to avoid the "slow "or "sloppy" response.

Take for example my system. I have a soild head unit and good front stage. i deadened my doors and they sound great. My subs are 15"s. They are very accurate and can play both rock/metal (today it was Metallica) and rap. This all equates to balance. This is where adutioning speakes with your OWN music becomes very important.

loudwhisper 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
alright thanks alot :)
now im just nervous that when i take them somewhere to have them installed in my car...that the mechanic wires the speakers right. 2 subs and one channel... they might be dumb
arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
loudwhisper...  You should take pretty much everything dwarren has to say to heart.  He knows way more than I ever will.  All the gold members and moderators are very experienced and intelligent people.
arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yea and I forgot.  Where are you getting your stuff installed?  Any car audio shop would be more than capable to wire 2 subs to a mono amp.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

arrow12 wrote:
loudwhisper...  You should take pretty much everything dwarren has to say to heart.  He knows way more than I ever will.  All the gold members and moderators are very experienced and intelligent people.

Thanks!rock music and my set up? - Page 2 -- posted image.  Just remember no one knows everything, and those stars mean nothing more than the number of posts ( I guess there are exceptions to this). Those who can admit their mistakes will be far better off. 

loudwhisper 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for the double post
i was thinking about just taking them to circuit city and having them install it
also dwarren you said i dont want anything slow and sloppy...could u give me of an example where its just not worth it as in its slow
the subs i was looking at are 27Hz-500Hz frequency
dwarren 
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I was trying to convey a common misconception with larger diameter drivers, I was suggesting that if it is a good driver to begin with (motor) the size of the cone will not hinder this. With that said, there are SO many great drivers to be had, and some at very good prices. Circuit City has some choices that meet both ends of this spectrum. Have you considered a small private shop? Customer service is golden, and as former CC emplyee, I questioned it there.

Come up with a few candidates and listen to them and you certainly could ask about them here.

menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
those kickers you are looking at buying. are not top quality. but  they do sound fine for all types of music. and when they came out in the late 80's or was it the early 90's?  they were hard to beat.
loudwhisper 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
alright thanks alot everyone...i think im going to go with them (they beat my system now...lol nothing but a headunit and stock speakers)
and then ill just save up in the mean time. Then ill buy a better system once i get a better car
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic