icon

Why is my system shutting down?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Alrite sorry earlier about the post about the train horn, i understand the severity of it and to think about it, it is a pretty stupid idea. Ok now to my main question.  For some reason my whole system shuts down whenever my bass amp turns on now. I have a toggle switch in line with my remote wire to my mono amp and i have another seperate remote wire without a toggle switch for my 4 channel amp for my speakers. I will turn on my car and turn off the headunit and turn the mono amp off and my speakers will work. Then when i turn the switch to my mono amp on the music shuts off and the red lights to both my amps light up.  Im wondering if it has something to do with my power system. Im running 4 guage wiring right now to a memphis 2000D mojo amp and 8 guage to my 4 channel amp. Im also using one stock battery. I have 30 feet of 0 gauge wiring and 2 exide deep cycle batteries ready to be all installed next week. Also i will turn my headunit off and turn the switch off and then turn my headunit back on and the mids and highs work fine and then i will turn the volume really low and flip the mono amp switch on and the bass will be working until i turn it up and it will all shut down again and all amps will have red lights on. Could someone please help me. thankyou
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
AJRXtreme 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry i forgot to add that i have a 200amp ho alternator
03 F150 on 24's
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like too low an impedance load on the amp, or gain is too high.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds to me like a low voltage situation. You said that you have a 200A HO alternator, and assuming that is functioning perfectly, how are ALL of the connections in your system? I am talking about battery power leads, ALL of the ground points in the car, terminals on the battery corroded?
After all of this, what is the condition of the other 2/3 of your Big 3?
Lastly, MAKE SURE your alternator is working correctly. Have it tested.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
AJRXtreme 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
I just had it put in about 4 months ago. I looked at my battery under my hood and the terminals are corroded a little bit. Not bad though. All my ground points are fine, ive had them for over a year and everythings worked perfect. Ive heard about the BIG 3. Could you explain to me exactly what that is? And how easy is it to upgrade to? Could I do it myself? Thankyou so much
03 F150 on 24's
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
you need some info on the big 3 upgrade click here wried all the info on this page. it has some pics on it to help you understand it.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
(read) god i cant spellWhy is my system shutting down? -- posted image.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  
you are either drawing to much power or your subs are wired at a to low of an impedency for the amp to handle causing it to go on protect
AJRXtreme 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
I just ran 0 gauge power wire for my amps and they seem to be running cleaner. I put polyfill in my box about 3 days ago and my subs for some reason when they change freqencies at a fast rate they all of a suden sound really bad and it sound like the voicecoils are scratching together. Its really wierd, i wanted to know if the polyfill had anything to do with it or if its because of my amp over powering the subs. I hear the memphis subs can hold a lot more power than they say they can. Im putting 2,400wrms to 1500wrms of subs. I have the gain on the amp pretty low. Also i have a knob on my amp that says "QFC", what does that stand for and what does it do?
03 F150 on 24's
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
QFC = Quickly Fry Coils. Turn this up too high and it will fry the voice coils on unwanted subs so you can get them changed out on warrenty :) Honestly I have no idea what it stands for, is that on the amp.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic