icon

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
I will be installing a Valet 561r in my moms 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I am just hooking up the remote start, nothing else. I searched the forum, but havent really found an exact diagram for what I need.  I understand that the car has two starter wires, and the second starter wire is actually the accessory as well.  I dont know if I need relays or what.  Im very confused on this car.  I also dont understand the deal with the parking lights.  Do I just not hook them up, or is there another source to do.  In another thread, someone mentioned something about hooking up to the hazards for the park light wire.  Please help, I appreciate it a lot
stroked383z28 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  

The second starter/accessory wire is PURPLE / brown and is in the ignition harness.  The second starter is a negative trigger through a 150 ohm resistor and the accessory is negative trigger through a 560 ohm resistor.  Here's how you have to wire it up:  http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1084.pdf

The hazards are WHITE/ dark blue negative trigger in the steering column module which is in the steering column. You'll also need a 556UW or a 556CW bypass module.

tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, can I connect the positive parking light output from the remote start to the negative hazards?  Will that work, I mean i guess u dont really have to hook up park lights, but I like to have some sort of lights blinking while the car is started

autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
There is a jumper on the side of the Valet that changes the polarity of the light output.
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
so to answer my question, I can hook the park lights to the hazards?
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm I got this diagram from a friend.  Its diagram still uses two relays, but doesnt need 12v sent to them, and uses diodes, as well as the diagram being totally different then the one u gave me.  Will both work?  If so, it seems as though I should use the wiremagic one because u dont need power.  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tristansmith587/3057.pdf
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
dang, nobody can check out that pdf i posted to see why that one is different then the one stroked383z28 provided.  I just want to know if it is accurate..
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Common, can someone help me.  I want to get this info straight.  My post keeps getting moved further and further back
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
The wire magic diagram will work if your RS unit does not have negative outputs for start and acc. Your Valet unit has those outputs. As far at the wiring goes, both diagrams provide a ground though resistors and a disconnect between the keyswitch and the BCM while the RS is active. Long story short: you can use either. Just be sure your resistors are very close to the listed values; I think you usually have 1% or 2% to play with.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
On your other question, yes use the parking lights. Be sure to polarize negative...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic