icon

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Where is the parklight?  What do you mean polarize negative.  Also hornshockey, how do i know if the remote start has neg start and acc?  Do all dei units have that.  If I use the wiremagic diagram I will need diodes, which I dont have..
isus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
I just did one of these last week.  Don't hook up the accessory wire.  Just the ignition wire, 12volt and starters.  When I hooked up the accessory wire the hvac controls would not work.  When I unplugged the relay everything worked fine.
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Where did u gedt the parklight?  What do u mean dont hook up the accessory
isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
there is no parking light on this one.  it is data bus controlled.  you can't hook it up (per direct techs).  Just don't hook up the accessory wire.  Don't bother with it.  Some cars don't require it.  This is one of them.  Trust me you will receive a big head ache if you bother with it.
isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Parking Lights+ do not use, relay rests at gnd   
Parking Lights- (CAN data bus)    
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

so when u did the 2005 jeep cherokee u just hooked up the ignition, starter, and 12 volt wires?  You didnt use any relays or resistors like I was told from two other diagrams?  I find that hard to believe, considering there are two starter wires in the car

isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
I guess I will quote myself here. "Just the ignition wire, 12volt and starters"  Yes hook up the starter wires and the ignition wires like your diagram shows you.  just don't hook up the accessory wire (i.e. don't cut it and put a relay in, just hook up the the rest.)
autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have done plenty of the 05 Grand Cherokee's for dealerships but I hooked up the acc. and everthing worked fine. What "head aches" did you come across by using the acc.? From what you are saying that once the RS is activated the acc. worked without tagging it with the RS. This would have to be the case otherwise the vehicle would trigger an error code.  
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

I finally got a chance to work on my moms car today cause im off work.  I cant find the damn PURPLE / brown wire. ..  I dont see it with the rest of the ignition.  These are so hard to get to.  Does anyone know of another place to grab these wires that are more accessible?

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
the wire is right off the ignition, if ur drop the lower dash and look up at the ignition u'll see it. its in the same loom along with the ignition and starter wire
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic