icon

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you unplug the ignition switch, you can stretch out the wires enough to work with them.
There's a piece of metal right near there, though---put a piece of duct tape on it so you don't blow the fuse while you're working.
On the plug at the ignition switch, you'll see a small red plastic part..... you must slide that aside before you can undo the plug.
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

So what is the consensus on this vehicle?

Do you need to hook up the accessory wire or can you get away with just the 12volt, starter and ign wires?

northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Also does the CHDL7-PK2 Seem to be the best combo bypasskit for this vehicle?
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

The consensus is that I hooked it up via this diagram http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1084.pdf

And it works perfectly...  I used the dei 556cw bypass module for the car.  Didnt have any problems getting it to work.

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
I used the chdl-pk2 on the one i did and i havent had it come back for problems. i highly suggest that module it makes the install a sinch
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
s_p_n_k_r_07 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  

I just did one of these the other day, the directechs info for the relays worked perfect for me, as far as the hazard light thing goes, they flash because your triggering the hazards.    Not a huge hit with the customer. so she just leaves the auto lamps on..............(i lucked out with her going to work before the suns up)    i'm still debating on going out to a parking light bulb.    

I also used a 556c and the only issue i ran into was programming it, using the wait to start input to delay crank it caused the check engine light to come on.  But disconnecting the neg battery terminal fixed it.

The other idea i had but didn't have time to explore was cutting the shroud behind the cluster to access the ignition wires where they meet the big fat harness behind it, i dunno if it works i did it the hard way.

hope at least some of this helps

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic