Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
any other ideas?
chaos6401 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I had to take my car in. It was a corroded battery cable and the block. Problem is fixed.
chaos6401 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing the Ultra Start 12xx remote starter. It inclued an auxiliary bypass connector which has 3 wires. one for ground while running(-) another for Ground(-) and the other is 12volts(+). Do i need to hook these up? What are they for?
I am also installing the crimestopper passlock 2 module. Where do the 2 wires below connect to: Yellow wire (IGN Input - ground when running) and the white wire (Additional IGN Output for 2nd ignition wire at column.-must see IGN pwr)? I don't know what wire i have to connect to the remote starter.
Thanks
chaos6401 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 00 grand am. I have the ultra start 1250. I am installing it tonight. I have an second accessory wire(brown) on my car, but the remote starter or passlock2 doesn't have a second accessory wire. What should I do?
ripley01 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with the car or the alarm system, but a generic solution would be to use an extra relay to switch the second accessory wire. Power the relay by the one accessory output of the alarm, which also powers the car's first accessory wire, use the output of the relay to power the second wire of the car.
chaos6401 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
ripley01 wrote:
Not familiar with the car or the alarm system, but a generic solution would be to use an extra relay to switch the second accessory wire. Power the relay by the one accessory output of the alarm, which also powers the car's first accessory wire, use the output of the relay to power the second wire of the car.
Could i just connect the 1 accessory wire on the remote start to the 2 accessorie wires of the car?
chaos6401 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
chaos6401 wrote:
I am installing the Ultra Start 12xx remote starter. It inclued an auxiliary bypass connector which has 3 wires. one for ground while running(-) another for Ground(-) and the other is 12volts(+). Do i need to hook these up? What are they for?
I am also installing the crimestopper passlock 2 module. Where do the 2 wires below connect to: Yellow wire (IGN Input - ground when running) and the white wire (Additional IGN Output for 2nd ignition wire at column.-must see IGN pwr)? I don't know what wire i have to connect to the remote starter.
Thanks
Any thoughts on this? I have an orange wire called anti-grind/starter kill output. Can i hook my passlock bypass up to here? Here is my install guide Link to Manual for Ultra Start
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

no.. this is grounded all the time when you hit the lock button, not just during RS... use the GWR or status output....

Brown Acc is not needed on this car and never just hook up one wire to two... always isolate them with a relay....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
chaos6401 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

no.. this is grounded all the time when you hit the lock button, not just during RS... use the GWR or status output....

Brown Acc is not needed on this car and never just hook up one wire to two... always isolate them with a relay....

Thanks, I will hook the bypass wire to the GWR. Do I need to use teh Black Ground and Red 12volts wire in teh 3 pin connector of the auxilarary bypass?
chaos6401 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

also, Do I need to hook up the starter kill & Anti_Grind Output? if so, to what?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic